Job Title: Sales and Training Executive, Northern California and Hawaii
Location: Based in Northern CA
The Sales and Training Executive is responsible for driving retail sales per door and developing personnel and education strategy for department and specialty door accounts. Maintain excellent relationships within assigned department and/or specialty accounts. Manage accounts to maximize daily and monthly business goals, promotional activities and launches.
- Coach beauty advisors to exceed sales expectations by making sure s/he is fulfilling all Youth to the People brand responsibilities. Partner with in-store leadership to coach BA’s on retailer + brand sales initiatives.
- Monitor and analyze business trends across all stores within territory; implement plans for in-store seasonal planning and execution. Plan and execute product launches, GWPs and PWPs with store manager, or department manager to ensure maximum visual effect and sales performance.
- Responsible for daily, monthly and seasonal tracking of total retail performance within territory.
- Arrange and spearhead seasonal meetings with each store. Prepare and carry out seasonal retailer presentations. Participate in and/or organize regional retailer strategy meetings.
- Monitor cleanliness of the counter stock and display units and hold BAs accountable for Youth to the People store quality requirements. Execute and maintain all Youth to the People’s merchandising standards and ensure protection of company assets by monitoring returns/testers/TOA usage.
- Develop, motivate and train business managers and counter personnel through education programs and e-learning training programs. Actively plan, execute and follow up on new hire training using the Youth to the People’s training/education tools.
- Ensure consistent execution of pricing, merchandising and marketing strategies in each store within the territory.
- Actively and accurately communicate selling and inventory trends within district to regional management and home office partners.
- Attend and participate in sales and management training meetings and events as directed by management.
Experience, Competencies and Physical Requirements
- 3 to 5 years of retail management experience, with at least 3 to 5 years managing multiple retailers/store locations with broad geographic scope.
- Demonstrated success in achieving sales goals and brand initiatives by hiring, leading, motivating and developing effective BA’s.
- Highly resourceful, flexible and demonstrates ability to solve problems in a timely manner.
- Ability to build and maintain relationships with key stakeholders and business partners.
- Strong merchandising skills to ensure visual standards of the brand are being met across all different stores/retailers.
- Strong presentation, written and verbal communication skills.
- Strong knowledge of the business landscape and ability to translate findings to positively impact business.
- Excellent organizational and project management skills.
- Proficient in Microsoft Excel and PowerPoint.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Management or related field of study (or equivalent work experience) required.
- Ability to stand and move about the store more than 90% of scheduled shift.
- Ability to lift 20lbs or more throughout the scheduled shift.
- Ability to travel 60-80% based on business needs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.