Section 1: General Information
Job Title: Raw Materials Sampler - 2nd Shift
FLSA status: Non-Exempt
Supervisor Title: Manufacturing Warehouse Manager
Location: L’Oréal USA North America
Section 2: Job Summary
This position will be primarily responsible for the day to day operation of incoming raw materials (via trailer or bulk tanker truck), while keeping all the proper documentation on all receipts; will also sample raw materials according to Quality standards and maintain raw material warehouse. Additionally, you will perform physical movements, data entry and analyses.
Section 3: Job Requirements
High school diploma or GED;
Must be forklift certified,
Familiar with general warehousing practices;
Good math and communication skills;
Attention to detail, ability to follow detailed procedures
Ability to multi-task / prioritize
Must be willing to work overtime
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making
Decisions made by the Raw Materials Sampler can directly impact Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environment and Morale. They must make these decisions with only intermittent involvement from Supervision based on the knowledge gained from their trainings.
Safety: Fully supports an independent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of Zero Accidents.
Quality: Supports and embraces the quality mission of the plant.
Delivery: The ability of the sampler to meet the production demands ensures that our customers receive our products on time.
Cost: Operation of the MP Sampling activities according to the standards ensure that cost to produce are aligned with the financials.
Environment: Supports and embraces the environmental mission of the plant.
Morale: Must be an actively engaged employee exhibiting a positive attitude and a focus on teamwork to achieve best in class results.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements
Must be certified to operate a forklift;
Occasional lifting up to 40lbs;
Continuous movement in the warehouse or at bulk material tank farms (outdoor);
Section 6: Financial Scope (if applicable): N/A
Annual Budget Responsibility: $N/A
Annual Revenue Responsibility: $N/A
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
1. Receives incoming raw material deliveries, verifies receipt quantities and processes related documentation.
2. Computer system transactions for receipts
3. Sample / Label all containers for released product.
4. Receive and unload bulk raw material deliveries.
5. Plan and order supplies needed to operate sampling area.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
1. Must demonstrate 100% responsibility.
2. Must have a technical aptitude with a willingness to learn new operations / technologies.
3. Must produce World Class Results through teamwork, selflessly developing and training others for success.
4. Must have a positive attitude.
5. Must thrive within a changing organization requiring the need to multi-task.
6. Must listen for understanding and communicate using the Who, What, When, Where and How model.
7. Must Resolve conflicts directly and be committed to team decisions.
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.