Do you like working with highly technical, scientific information and sharing it to contribute to the development and innovation of new products related to consumers' hair care & styling routines across the globe?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that Beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, dependable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal Research and Innovation has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800+ L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Inside L’Oréal’s Research & Innovation Division, Development is responsible for working closely with our over 35 brands to adapt and innovate formulations into new and exciting products based on consumer and marketing insights. In Open Development, our scientists work closely with external manufacturers to develop and refine formulas to meet the needs and expectations of our consumers. Development of great products requires building strong, international collaborations across different functions to ensure that products are seen from inception to officialization for our local and global launch deadlines.
We are currently seeking a talented and innovative Scientific Liaison in Hair Care & Styling Development, to join our Development department located at our Clark, New Jersey facility for Research and Innovation. This position is responsible for supporting various elements of Hair Care & Styling product development from project initiation through market launch with a critical focus on communication of scientific knowledge, selection of active ingredients, and coordination of innovative demos and testing.
You Will . . .
- Support management of project valorization/communication and claims validation for select Hair Care & Manageability brands. This includes creating/reviewing testing plans, coordinating/summarizing technical data for products or ingredients, and demo creation.
- Work with the R&I cross functional team to track and maintain meaningful project timing for product launches, ensuring all testing is completed on schedule and providing updates as needed
- Support labs to communicate and explain technical information and technologies for assigned launches to help Marketing develop concepts or to bring the products/technology and benefits to life for digital assets (e.g. demos)
- Work with Safety, Claims, Product Performance Evaluation as well as Analytical to coordinate required testing including confirming sample needs and partnering with the labs to receive samples in a timely fashion
- Review concepts, cartons, packaging, TVC, digital assets, e-commerce, training materials for technical accuracy and provide technical advisement for assigned projects
- Create and issue claims documentation such as a summary of claims tests on products and support all technical databases/trackers for assigned projects/brands
- Develop demos for assigned launches/technologies and support creation of best practice and tool kit to facilitate demo creation as a standard part of R&I development projects
- Create product technical dossiers to support new launches or modifications of existing products including formula, packaging, demos and claims information
You Have . . .
- A minimum of a completed Bachelor's Degree in Chemistry, Biology or a related STEM field
- 1-5 years of technical experience, ideally in personal care or cosmetic field, familiarity of the haircare & styling market or formulation is a plus
- Technical proficiency with digital and editing tools
- High level of knowledge and comfort with social media platforms
- An established self-awareness, in terms of understanding your own culture, identity, biases, prejudices, power privilege, and stereotypes.
You Are . . .
- Someone who can prioritize multiple projects while working with various groups within a matrix organization
- A clear and confident communicator to expert and non-expert audiences alike (oral, written, presentations)
- Highly attentive to detail, organized and results oriented while still able to understand the big picture to facilitate prioritization and clarity of objectives
- Inquisitive, creative, and comfortable sharing your ideas and point of view in international, multi-disciplinary environments while actively seeking to understand others’ perspectives
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.