Do you like working in upstream research, engaging with global raw material suppliers, and contributing to innovation and development of new products?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation (R&I) might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
L’Oréal USA is currently seeking a talented and innovative Scientist to join our Advanced Research department located at our Clark, New Jersey facility
For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that Beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, dependable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
As part of our Advanced Research team, DIMP (Direction Internationale des Matières Premières), also known as our International Raw Materials Department, works with global teams and suppliers to lead matters pertaining to raw materials used in L’Oréal formulations, supports business development and acquisition integration by valuing and continuously improving the L’Oreal portfolio of raw materials, and ensures the sustainability and security of product launches to contribute to the L’Oreal for the Future objective.
You Will . . .
- Support new brand integrations by securing new raw materials introduced by L’Oreal acquisitions.
- Enable Open Development product launches by qualifying new raw materials to ensure a quality dossier for compliance to various requirements.
- Be a strategic Business Partner for stakeholders to foster a collaborative environment.
- Review acquisition brand’s formulas for new raw materials and those already existing in our portfolio to correctly capture formula compositions in L’Oreal’s formula database
- Work with raw material suppliers and/or third party subcontractors to secure new raw material data for coding in L’Oreal’s raw material database, and build a quality dossier safety/regulatory/claims review
- Evaluate data obtained from raw material suppliers and/or third party subcontractors to ensure the quality of the information is compliant with safety, regulatory, claims, and sustainability requirements.
- Complete technical raw material evaluations for different chemical and regulatory aspects.
- Educate third party subcontractors on L’Oreal’s Open Development Guidelines, raw material dossier requirements, and Sustainability initiatives.
- Identify any non-compliant raw materials and alert relevant support groups.
- Build and maintain relationships with both internal and external stakeholders.
- Independently organize work to prepare and present regular progress reports providing a clear overview of current projects.
- Effectively communicate blocking points, delays, and status to support teams and management.
- Train and coordinate the work of temporary hires in the same activities.
You Have . . .
- B.S. in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, or biochemistry with 1-5 years of related work experience
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and multi-tasking ability
- Good attention to detail and quality of work
- Knowledge of French a plus
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with the labs and various support groups, both domestic and internationally, in coordinating activities linked to supporting raw materials
You Are . . .
- Able to interact frequently with external suppliers on an independent basis to obtain documentation
- Authorized to work in the US on a permanent, ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.