For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
We are seeking a creative Scientist to join our Instrumental, Clinical, Claims Team. As a key member of the team you’ll work on consumer claims testing, for hair products manufactured by L’Oréal USA.You Will . . .
You Have . . .
- Organize, plan, and effectively execute consumer testing for hair products for claims substantiation to support product launch,
- Work with 3rd party vendors to design, coordinate, and execute appropriate consumer studies on hair products to support claims substantiation
- Collaborate with labs, international colleagues, and evaluation team to determine which test methods are needed;
- Effectively communicate and present results to relevant stakeholders
- Work on expanding knowledge of hair including executing consumer research studies when needed;
- Drive projects from inception to completion with quality, timeliness, and professionalism; with excellent attention to detail
- Prioritize projects workload with supervisor, performs project tracking and scheduling;
- Bachelors degree with 2+ years of relevant working experience; advanced degrees with less relevant working experience will be considered; preferred areas of study include Consumer Science, Biological, Physical or Material Sciences, Chemistry, Psychology, Chemical Engineering or Bio-Engineering, Bioinformatics or related fields;
- Excellent interpersonal, communication (written/oral), and organizational skills a must;
- Technical writing skills a must;
- Experience with clinical testing, consumer research, consumer studies, design of surveys/questionnaires a plus;
- Knowledge of US/international cosmetics a plus;
- Experience coordinating product testing with outside vendors a plus;
- Experience and knowledge of statistical analysis/interpretation a plus
You Are . . .
- Proficient in Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and Outlook;
- Able to work on several complex projects at the same time with flexibility and organization;
- Have good time management skills and the ability to meet deadlines
- Capable of working in a matrix organization, including strong teamwork skills a must;
- Proficiency in Sigma Plot and SIMS a plus
- Legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.