For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
In this role, you will focus on competition analysis, tracking, and communication with local and global partners for the Hair Care & Styling and Hair Color Products Métier.
- Map the Market Pricing of products for Competition (SKU wise) and plot vs our internal benchmark products
- Track existing competitors - new technology, new claim, new franchise
- Conduct ECom tracking, including rating and reviews & identifying new competition and pricing updates
- Define and map products e.g. shampoo/conditioner/treatment mapping.
- Make recommendations to development team w.r.t. need gaps /solution
- Observe for key competition new (unique) launches World Wide and recommend new trend/s that can be cascaded to our Zone / category.
- Monthly/ Quarterly report
- Alignment with France competition team
- Meeting preparation and presentation e.g. R&I Strategic meetings, Marketing leadership meetings etc.
- Identify and flagging threats and opportunities as an action for Lab
ICARE AND PRODUCT DATABANK
- Procure the product
- Create "competitor product bank": effective storage/tracking system
- Enter the product in the icare database
TESTING AND ANALYSIS
- Initiate salon, consumer test: Bridge requests
- Bachelor's / Master’s level degree in science or engineering is required.
- 3-5 years of experience in Consumer Products industries is required.
- Experience with consumer or professional Hair Care and Styling products, preferred.
- Experience with digital tools and seeking trends within industry
- Must have good management skills, leading and developing a team of scientific professionals.
- Must be able to articulate and implement a vision and motivate team members to achieve department goals & objectives.
- Familiarity with testing methodology and procedures.
- Fluency is French is a plus.
- Must be able to think and plan strategically, with the ability to be creative and think “outside the box”.
- Has a solid knowledge of the competition and well as consumer perceptions and desires to create innovative products.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills to work cross-functionally as well as internationally.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.