Do you like driving the creation of lip products?
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for !
For more than a hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives.
L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
Responsible for the creative and technical aspects of product development for Lip products. Maintains close awareness of scientific literature, raw materials technology, processing methodology, and marketing trends required to perform innovative product development assignments in a timely and efficient manner. Gains experience in a competitive patent environment while overseeing a safe and orderly laboratory environment.
- Show creativity and resourcefulness to come up with solutions to issues which may arise during the development process and/or in anticipation to issues which may come up in pilot plant or manufacturing.
- Perform product stability on all formulas as well as rectify stability issues.
- Must meet deadlines and interact with various groups within R&D.
- Follow through on all aspects of projects from inception to product launch and post launch issues resolution. Attention to details through the development steps.
- Interface with technical support groups including marketing, Demi-grand, and manufacturing.
- Maintains technical awareness of developments within field of responsibility.
- Communicates development challenges to management on a timely basis, while offering alternative solutions.
- Keep accurate and precise records.
- Masters or Bachelor’s degree in Material Science, Chemical Engineering, Chemistry or related sciences. Master’s Degree in these fields a plus
- 5+ years of cosmetic makeup formulation development.
- Advanced formulation knowledge, specific to lip and color cosmetics a plus.
- Advanced technical knowledge of cosmetic processing.
- Excellent verbal, written, interpersonal communication skills
- Good problem solving and decision making skills. Displays a sense of urgency and initiative with creativity and flexibility.
- Long-term authorization to work in the U.S.
- Interested in leadership role and developing individuals
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.