Who We Are:
At L’Oréal, our Finance teams turn data into insights and risk analysis into solutions while ensuring the Group’s financial performance is top notch. We have a diverse range of expertise at L'Oréal Finance, including Financial Planning & Controlling, Internal Audit, Mergers and Acquisitions, Treasury, Tax and Consolidation. We bring numbers to life! Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Learn:
Responsible for identifying triangular flows subject to Value Added Tax (VAT)/Harmonized Sales Tax (HST)/Goods and Services Tax (GST) for compliance purposes, of quantifying the relevant tax amounts, of supporting the business in VAT financial treatment, and of checking possible exemptions as well as filing for VAT/HST/GST refunds.
- Evaluates the new supply chains envisaged by the business and advises in cases of VAT/HST/GST application, quantifying relevant value and checking if there are exemptions or possibility to recover subject tax.
- Reconciles VAT with multiple parties and through detailed SAP reporting.
- Ensures accurate, timely and complete submission of all returns and monitors refunds receipts through proper allocation across the organization.
- Structures newly designed transactions for compliance purposes by working closely with local business teams, Finance and Information Technology partners.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor's degree in Tax, Business, Accounting, Finance or Economics.
- International tax knowledge and 3-5 years experience in defining and managing VAT and GST/ HST.
- Able to analyze and review statutes, regulations, and case law and then extract data to make appropriate recommendations
- Ability to navigate the organization, networking and dealing with various stakeholders.
- Strong communication skills, written and verbal, to inform about complex VAT concepts in ways that are meaningful and useful to non-tax professionals. This includes issuing the appropriate level of documentation to support analyses performed, through invoicing and physical flows mapping, making recommendations for compliance purposes and in terms of risk management.
- Detail-oriented individual who takes ownership of projects, is organized, possesses excellent analytical and problem-solving skills, and can deliver on tight deadlines.
- Strong knowledge of SAP and Microsoft programs, such as Excel and Power Point.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.