Senior Manager, Commercial Finance
Location: New York, NY with travel to Deerfield, IL & Lincoln, RI
Division: Consumer Products
Reports to: Director Finance and AVP Finance
Help us fuel the Most Beautiful Brands in the World. Join our Commercial Finance Team on two of our national accounts – Walgreens and CVS!
If you are strategic, collaborative, like being in the business, and enjoy a fast-paced environment, a career in L’Oreal Finance is for you! Our careers offer opportunity for movement across functions, divisions, as well as potential for both domestic and international relocation.
This role acts as the intersection between the field teams and HQ finance for the Walgreens and CVS accounts, providing a unique perspective across L’Oreal’s entire portfolio of Consumer Products brands! Our commercial finance team partners with the Customer Team Leads, the sales team, supply chain, category development and customer marketing to provide best in class service for our retailer accounts.
Trade Spending Management:
- Collaborate across Cosmetics, Hair, and Skin categories to drive top-line sales and ROI.
- Support sales and marketing investment decisions through trade fuel management and insights.
- Drive both the store and fast-growing e-commerce businesses by providing recommendations on growth targets and opportunities to improve the P&L.
- Lead customer Risk and Opportunity assessment.
- Perform financial analysis on promotional funding request from field sales (ROI, Net Sales Lift, Cost per incremental unit, etc.)
- Follow-up on large unresolved customer deductions to provide proper P&L management
- Present to Sales and Finance leadership through regular reviews of trade spend, risks and opportunities, and hot topics.
- Play a key role in the annual budgeting process, particularly in areas of trade spending. Specific emphasis on trade spend strategy and allocation of funds.
- Lead the account audit and internal controls process, validate promotional events are set-up properly, provide financial approval, and support internal and external audits.
- Propel P&L improvement by analyzing trade promotion results by category and account.
- Provide Field Sales and Marketing a unique perspective on the business by analyzing post-promotion KPIs and sharing learnings.
- Ensure trade promotion liability is accurately reflected on the books.
- Manage and understand trade promotion/ account P&L database and reporting tool (COMPASS).
- Manage and understand Trade Fuel Management database (APEX).
- Ensure all liabilities are properly accrued at year end.
- Compile and analyze Customer P&Ls.
- Provide financial insight to Field Sales regarding Account P&Ls.
- Perform ad-hoc financial analyses.
- Review Finance related procedures and processes and amend as needed.
- 6+ years of experience in finance preferred. Bachelor’s degree in Finance or Accounting required. MBA/CPA preferred.
- Strong computer skills required; must have expert-level experience with Excel.
- Financial reporting experience and use of SAP or similar systems for forecasting highly desirable.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills, business acumen, leadership skills, oral and written communication skills, and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment.
- Must have the ability to interact with all levels of management.
- Consumer products industry experience preferred.
Ask us about L'Oréal's workplace flexibility programs
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.