Job Title – Senior Manager, Materials Supply Planning / Procurement
Location: Piscataway, NJ
Reports To: AVP, Manufacturing Supply Chain
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Learn:
The Sr. Procurement Manager’s primary purpose is to maintain an optimized level of component & raw material inventory.
- Manage and review Material Requirements Plan (MRP) and/or action messages to initiate supply chain requirements with focus being short to medium term (1 to 6 months).
- Responsible for order placement and verification of delivery with suppliers.
- Track the delivery of components in support of new product and open stock production.
- Evaluate constraints and summarize plan feasibilities to the Launch Managers, STP and Master Scheduler.
- Provide solutions to bottlenecks in the supply chain of components and raw materials or internal flow issues.
- Manage issues related to components and raw materials through engagement with cross-functional teams (receiving, quality, production, corporate purchasing, controlling, finance, launch managers, component supply planners, research and development, process engineers).
- Communication with vendors, quantity and date for deliveries as well as obtain certificate of analysis, packing list and bill of ladings.
- Process returns to vendors for quality issues.
- Manage daily production change alerts to maintain the optimum level of components and raw materials.
- Manage master data for MRP group, planning time fence, MRP controller, min lot size, rounding value, procurement type, quota arrangement usage, planning calendar, safety time indicators, safety time/actual coverage, production storage location and strategy group.
- Ensure and follow-up with corporate purchasing that SAs are issued.
- Obtain Marketing Authorization for disposal of excess and obsolete material due to launch quantity decline.
- Overall responsibility for building the Piscataway Excess & Obsolete Monthly Analysis for Plant Finance, Division Finance and Brands
- Responsible for updating Piscataway’s monthly S05 analysis.
- Process authorization to destroy inventory for carrier damaged materials.
- Update ABC classification twice per year.
- Review past due production orders, sales and delivery orders and independent requirements to ensure accurate demand planning for components.
- Manage the MSC procurement team and ensure departmental objectives are met.
- Foster an environment of continuous improvement in processes and procedures.
- Take a lead in the development of entire team through monthly coaching, team building activities and staff meetings.
What We Are Looking For:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Chemistry or Supply Chain discipline required.
- MBA desired but not required, APICS certification preferred, SAP Experience preferred.
- 5+ years management experience in a high performance manufacturing facility - cosmetics industry preferred.
- Personal computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, pivot tables, presentations, graphics software and database management.
- Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
- Visual/auditory acuity required to operate equipment and see/hear warning alarms.
- Production machinery may produce noise levels that exceed SHE’s action level. Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas.
- High MS Excel proficiency (including data analysis, logic testing, pivot tables) a must.
- Must have the ability to handle multiple tasks and priorities simultaneously.
- Must have strong leadership skills with relevant experience in project management, manufacturing practices, and dealing with internal/external customers.
- Must have strong analytical skills.
- Must have strong written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to interface with all plant and corporate personnel.
- Ability to manage change, provides program management, and achieves results.
- Ability to track production to plan.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
Youtube Video Youtube Video Youtube Video Youtube Video