Senior Manager, Retail Media Analytics and Insights
Active Cosmetics Division (ACD), L'Oréal USA
The Retail Media & Insights team in the Active Cosmetics Division is looking for a highly skilled and motivated Analytics and Insights Sr. Manager to help define, refine and scale retail media and growth strategies for Active Cosmetics eCommerce acceleration. This role works with paid and organic 1P, 2P and 3P data and translates it into analytically-sound, consumer-centric recommendations that maximize the effectiveness and efficiency of Retail Media investments.
Day to day responsibilities include multi-variate analyses, trend tracking and multi-source data management across Brands, Accounts and Retailer categories. This role is expected to develop data-driven insights and swiftly communicate action plans, business implications and/or opportunities in a clear and compelling fashion. The strategic, data-driven digital expertise of the Analytics & Insights role is critical to democratizing data on the team, sharing performance insights cross-functionally, and initiating data frameworks to help improve efficiencies cross-divisionally.
The ideal candidate is self-driven and will leverage superb communication, and problem-solving skills to drive analytically sound recommendations to efficiently drive growth. You will partner with the Retail Media & Insights Director for unique, game-changing analyses, case studies, A/B tests, trend analyses and performance deep dives. You will help evolve full attribution frameworks for brands across accounts, reporting / dashboarding and communicate optimizations for paid search and programmatic media campaigns across channels. This role will challenge you to think strategically and contribute to high-level discussions across the organization.
The ideal candidate has a proactive approach, can juggle multiple responsibilities, and excels under pressure and are comfortable taking on a high level of responsibility. You understand and appreciate the scientific method and know when to adapt to changes quickly. You love telling a story with data and creating actionable insights. You connect the dots between data and business plans to create and advocate for strategies that achieve brand objectives and sales goals.
- Develop solutions & provide optimization recommendations that drive results and business growth
- Track and monitor performance KPIs through weekly and monthly reports
- Lead analytical analyses / projects such as funnel analysis, channel optimizations (SEM, DSP/Display, Programmatic, Organic, SEO), attribution frameworks and targeting opportunities
- Provide thought leadership and guidance in the development of presentations and results share-outs
- Partner with Digital Leads and Data Science / Engineers to ensure the right questions are being asked, solicit feedback, and iterate until you reach meaningful conclusions backed by solid analyses
- Translate data into consumer insights and stories which drive change in digital marketing strategy and tactics
- Quickly understand multiple data sources and develop methodology for joining data that will add value
- Partner closely with Retail Media managers to take advantage of new measurement features and learning opportunities
- Act as a key data analysis representative to both internal stakeholders and clients to ensure projects are completed in a timely manner
- Produce ad-hoc analysis, insights and visibility on performance
- 5-8 years of analytics experience (e.g., marketing analytics, product analytics, statistics, or related field
- Fluency with data, analytics, and visualization
- Expert in Excel, can manipulate raw data to draw insights
- Understanding of media marketing / attribution frameworks, retention
- Can learn and implement financial modeling integrated with growth strategy
- Superb instincts and natural curiosity
- Excellent troubleshooting skills and attention to detail
- Ability to manage competing priorities from multiple stakeholders
- Ability to translate technical aspects of analysis and metrics into actionable insights for the advertiser and stakeholders with varying levels of analytic expertise
- Have a good understanding of basic statistical technique and methodologies as well as an understanding of distributions, expectations, hypothesis testing, A/B Testing
- Proficiency with an advanced analytical tool (Python, R, SAS, etc.) – ability to modify existing code to run new analysis
- Proficiency with visualization tools (Tableau, QlikView, Power BI, etc.) – ability to leverage interactive, user-friendly and compelling dashboards and reports
- Solid understanding of the end-to-end process of a marketing campaign
- Excellent organizational, interpersonal, and communication skills (both written and verbal)
- Ability to work cross-functionally and with others with diverse skill sets
- Bonus: Proficiency with SQL - ability to write basic queries from scratch and modify complex queries
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.