Title: Senior Manager eRetail (Digital Shelf) – Matrix
Location: New York, NY
Division: Professional Products Division
Matrix seeks a passionate, energetic, and results-oriented digital candidate to join the eRetail team. The Senior Manager of eRetail will be a critical member of the overall Integrated Marketing Communications (IMC) team supporting the business across retailers including Amazon.com, Ulta.com, SallyBeauty.com. Saloncentric.com and CosmoProfBeauty.com. This individual will work closely with the AVP, IMC to work collaboratively across IMC, PPD eRetail, US Marketing and Global DMI teams to create, refine and elevate the brand’s eRetail presence across channels. The ideal candidate will have a strong digital background with eRetail experience, ability to multi-task and work in fast paced environments, excellent attention to detail, collaborative team spirit, and ability to partner with internal and external partners.
The Senior Manager will ensure that Matrix has an optimized presence for the Digital shelf in order to drive incremental sales and win market share across professional haircare focused on indirect eCommerce accounts with focus on content, improving the user experience, understanding the algorithm, merchandising/visibility with the accounts and supporting the Account Manager needs.
The eRetail role requires the ability to strategize and execute best practices and have a mindset towards constant optimization. Candidate must be outgoing, have strong digital, analytical and marketing skills, ability to mutl-task in a fast-paced environment with excellent attention to detail while partnering with internal and external teams to successfully bring products to life online.
The duties of this position include, but are not limited to:
· Build best in class content, PDPs & advice driven online merchandising:
- Manage best in class content to ensure new product launches and PDP refreshes are optimized with best practices, within brand guidelines and within each eRetailers optimized requirements
- Primary point of contact between US eRetail, DMI eComm and US Marketing teams for ensuring eComm content meets quality standards and deadlines for all eRetailers including communicating content needs, retailer requirements, and sharing best practices.
- Work with DMI, US Marketing and eRetailer teams closely on content creation (copy, images, videos)
- Manage content across all retailers by product for consistency in brand presence across consumer and professional channels
- Identify opportunities to leverage assets to best support the individual needs of the various eRetailers
- Support creative briefing process and manage project work flows to ensure deadlines are met
- Ensure PDPs titles and copy optimized for search
- Brief new asset to DMI or internal content partners for creation of new or optimized assets
- Build best in class PDPs for all new product launches across all retailers (Above and Below the Fold) using their templates, systems and tools as needed (Excel, Syndigo, Edge, Opera, Salsify, etc)
- Work with US marketing, DMI, Ops and Passport Manager and outside vendor to ensure product review campaigns are executed on time and following best practices
- Provide insights and updates to marketing team on review updates for top priority launches
- Launch and leverage Opera to work on product set up process and A+ content for launches and ongoing maintenance (copy, images, videos, review generation, etc.)
- Manage eComm database of content in Opera to ensure all assets and messaging are updated in Opera in a timely manner
- Understand and track competitors who are best in class in terms of content and online presence.
- Perform site audits for top eRetailers to ensure accuracy of products, messaging across all channels and retailers and identify opportunities for improvement
- Optimize asset packages for new, smaller eRetailer partners to ensure brand is accurately represented in all partner platforms/customers
- Minimum 4-5 years eRetail or site merchandising experience
- Strong understanding of the Digital and Beauty Industries
- Ability to develop best in class copy and content for various eRetailers
- High proficiency in MS Word and PowerPoint programs.
- Detail oriented is a must
- Proactive and results oriented thinker who would flourish in an entrepreneurial environment
- Communicates clearly and succinctly in both oral and written forms
- Ability to work in a fast-paced, deadline-driven environment
- Must demonstrate strong critical thinking, and problem-solving skills
- Must be skilled at executing within tight timeframes with attention to detail and accuracy
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking ability
Essential Physical Requirements:
Must be able to work in an office environment, minimum of 3 days per week.
(The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.