Sr. Mechanical/Sustaining Engineer
The Sr. Mechanical/Sustaining Engineer works closely with Research and Innovation (R&I) Engineering to identify and quickly resolve any issues with the design or functionality of commercialized L’Oreal device product lines. This individual contributes as the driving force to quickly and effectively perform root cause analysis, and to identify and carry out the necessary engineering resolutions. Key to the role is the timely and appropriate response to urgent matters, effective cross-functional communication, the ability to apply sound judgment to problem resolution, management of the engineering change pipeline, and the escalation of issues to the management level and others in the organization when appropriate.
- Lead efforts to address and resolve sustaining engineering issues with internal and external customers.
- Collaborate with R&I Engineering to ensure design intent is appropriate, documented, and maintained for commercialized product lines.
- Own the creation and execution of all engineering change orders (ECOs), including any and all supporting documentation, 3D CAD, and engineering drawings to support any changes to product.
- Leads cross-functional root cause analysis effort to collect appropriate data via established or developed test methods, inspections, and/or other engineering analyses.
- Responsible for ensuring execution of corrective actions, ongoing quality improvements, and change control activities pertaining to design and performance related issues.
- Represent R&I Engineering for NCRs, deviations, and other quality events relating to ECO activity on the Quality team.
- Focus support on external contract manufacturers and supplier’s product life cycles.
- Participate in the optimization of product and component designs that are in commercial production.
- Provide feedback to R&I Engineering and Operations for future product designs and supplier development.
- Proactively support Operations in company growth and improvement efforts.
- B.S and or M.S. in Mechanical Engineering
- 5-8 years of experience working for a fast paced manufacturing environment in a design focused role
- Proven track record of working with SolidWorks CAD software and PLM systems
- Experience working within an enterprise document control system
- Knowledge of electro-mechanical product design and assembly
- Experience with statistical analysis of complex data sets and design of experiments (DOE)
Familiarity with these engineering principles:
- Injection molding
- Machined Parts
- Purchased electrical components
- Knowledge of quality control principles, business processes, management systems and common software applications
- Analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Excellent communication skills, ability to clarify issues and reach consensus with an audience
- Ability to listen and understand customers’ and others’ issues and concerns, both technical and operational
- Ability to set goals for the team and achieve scheduled deadlines
- Ability to work independently and collaboratively
- Ability to work in an entrepreneurial environment with limited resources; ability to multi-task and take a creative approach to problem solving
- Experience working within an ISO 9001 or ISO 13485 quality system
- Proficient in the use of MS Office
- Demonstrated problem solving skills in a complex environment and in complex situations
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.