As a Senior Research Scientist - within Research & Innovation - Product Performance Evaluation – Consumer Science, this position requires an experienced qualitative and quantitative researcher, possessing strategic thinking, excellent analytical, communication and collaboration skills, as well as vendor management skills, with a passion for consumer centricity, which will be responsible for leading studies for L’Oréal US Skincare.
- Lead the design and execution of studies from inception to completion including study design, target volunteer selection, recruitment, development of questionnaires/discussion guides for the generation of outstanding product insights to guide product development.
- Link key business strategies to performance measures.
- In partnership with the Product Performance Manager, initiate, develop, execute and analyze Qualitative and Quantitative consumer studies, and make actionable recommendations that impact product development for future launches and meet business strategies.
- Produce and support team members in creating succinct reports highlighting key insights that can be translated into compelling actionable recommendations.
- Identify and implement new, forward thinking evaluation techniques and methodologies for the future of consumer evaluation.
- Identify, maintain and grow a network of external vendors, looking for innovative approaches so consumer testing can be executed with the highest quality standard.
- Utilize creative and digital capabilities to enhance research learnings and communication of results.
- Utilize existing tools to complement study results for comprehensive research learning.
- Possess flexible communication style to collaborate with multiple stakeholders from varying backgrounds. Able to effectively translate and present results and insights to business users at the Manager / Director / VP level
- Leadership within cross functional teams; collaborate with teams to seamlessly integrate and extract qualitative insights with quantitative findings
- Collaborate with Sensory, Instrumental and Expert teams to help integrate the output of research from these sciences into the consumer learnings.
- Works with consumers, sensory/consumer scientists, formulators, global counterparts, instrumental and clinical scientists, outside vendors, academics and consultants
- Prioritizes project workload with Research and Innovation (R&I) team
- Represents team in project planning meetings
- 5+ years of relevant experience in qualitative and quantitative product testing, including design, execution, analysis and reporting.
- Experience in the Cosmetic industry a plus
- BS or Master’s in Market Research, Psychology, Sensory Science, Integrated Innovation or related field.
- Able to translate consumer insights into actionable recommendations to drive exceptional consumer satisfaction a must.
- Proven ability to “connect the dots” and link learnings across tests to develop the bigger picture
- Adaptable leadership style with a high sense of curiosity and tenacity to ask the right questions and follow through with answers.
- Proven ability to manage multiple projects, in a fast paced environment under short deadlines, tolerance for business ambiguity; the ability to thrive under quickly changing situations; adaptable, with ability to meet short turnaround times
- Methodological mindset to test new ideas and work towards valid results.
- Proven ability to manage external suppliers and ensure top value and performance for organization
- Self-motivated and able to operate independently, as well as work effectively with others
- Experience with management of online communication a plus
- Experience with innovative and creative methodologies and consumer centric approaches a plus.
- Have designed and led ethnographic research a plus
- Proficient in Word, Excel, PowerPoint, data entry and statistical software programs (a plus)
- Must be legally eligible to work in the US on an on-going basis
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.