For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal believes that Beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, dependable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
We are looking for a motivated Senior Scientist II to onboard on this thrilling adventure with our team in Clark, New Jersey.
You Will . . .
- Lead medical/scientific exploration to support upstream innovation programs related to medical aesthetics and regenerative medicine
- Work in a global cross-functional domain, this position will support internal and external medical advisory, collaboration, and education programs, with a focus on skin physiology and medical aesthetics in accordance with business priorities
- Expand external partnerships and collaborations with leading dermatologists and aesthetic surgeons; Liaise with key opinion leaders to organize advisory meetings, prepare related medical, clinical, and scientific dossier, critically evaluate medical and scientific literatures/clinical trials/competitive landscape, participate in the design of medical clinical trials, and support the implementation of medical strategies
- Ensure all administrative and operational tasks are accomplished with high efficiency and creativity, and provide timely reports to key stake holders
- Operate in the US with a strong global connection, collaborating with worldwide R&I team in Europe, Asia, and Brazil; Maintain strong alliance with key internal and external partners globally (Medical advisors, clinical innovation teams, in vitro discovery teams, skin care labs, and global marketing teams for our Active Cosmetics Division)
- Collaborate with global Advanced research team and Medical team on scientific communication and publication
You Have . . .
- MD/PhD/PharmD degree or equivalent in dermatology or relevant clinical medicine field, with a minimum 3+ years of industrial experience.
- Strong knowledge of pre-clinical and clinical development strategies with medical device development; hands-on experience managing translational clinical projects in medical aesthetics is a plus
- Strong knowledge of skin biology and skin care, tissue engineering, medical procedures, and medical devices
- Strong project management, negotiation and analytical skills.
- Excellent interpersonal, communication, and presentation skills; foreign language such as Chinese or French is a plus
- A Strong track record on scientific publication
You Are . . .
- Highly motivated with strong drive and energy
- Available for travel (10-20%), both domestic and international, in compliance with Local, State, Federal, and International regulations.
- Authorized to work in the US on a permanent, ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.