Who we are:
Regulatory Affairs is responsible for ensuring compliance with Federal, state/local and international regulations throughout the product development lifecycle from concept to launch including international commercialization (product registrations/notifications). This position will require comprehensive cosmetic compliance and registration knowledge (US and International cosmetic regulations) to support regulatory compliance assessments for raw materials and finished formulations either developed by, or acquired by L’Oréal USA.
What we'll do together:
As a Sr. Scientist II in Regulatory, you are responsible for providing regulatory support to our Research and Innovation laboratories (R&I), Product Development teams, and Marketing etc. to facilitate commercially compliant launches of L’Oréal USA products. The position also conducts regulatory assessments for new regulatory requirements/proposal though collaboration with internal Safety, Regulatory and Claims (SRC) group(s) and our worldwide SRC partners.
What your day will look like:
- Conduct global regulatory compliance assessments of raw materials and final formulations to R&I, Product Development, and Marketing
- Represent Regulatory at product development meetings to provide regulatory support of new and existing product development
- Assess regulatory compliance for new ingredients using internal and publically available federal and state databases/information systems; e.g., Canadian Hotlist, Proposition 65, EU REACH, CosIng, etc.
- Review of artwork for compliance with regulatory requirements and L’Oréal policy(s)
- Responsible for development of technical support packages for securing necessary regulatory approvals/registrations of L’Oréal USA products around the world
- Review and communication of new regulatory proposals/requirements in brief internal publications to SRC and other L’Oréal stakeholders
- Create and present interactive learning sessions to internal stakeholders on new regulatory proposals or “refreshers” on existing regulations
- Assist in the preparation and review of regulatory compliance documents
- Coordinate Global Regulatory Assessments for new product concepts being evaluated Presentation of global summaries of those assessments to SRC partners and other L’Oréal stakeholders
- Manage/collaborate on regional projects (as needed) with global partners
What you'll need:
- Bachelors level degree in Science or related field. Strong working knowledge of Chemistry is preferred
- Sr. Scientist II Position: 5+ years Regulatory Affairs experience cosmetics/personal care/consumer products industry
- Solid knowledge of applicable local/state/federal regulations, International Cosmetic Regulations (International Regulatory Framework), cosmetic, over-the-counter (OTC) drug, and chemical regulations
- Strong ability to assess and convey regulatory requirements in a manner relevant and understandable across functions
- Must be able to interact and collaborate successfully with all levels of personnel within R&I and with other divisions and departments
- Well organized and flexible with the ability to manage multiple projects simultaneously in a fast-paced highly matrixed environment while meeting established deadlines
- Demonstrated skills in analyzing, reporting and documenting information with attention to detail
- Excellent communication (verbal, written) and interpersonal skills required
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.