Sr. Analyst – Demand Planning
The Demand Planning team develops accurate and timely demand forecasts while reducing inventory/working capital, and minimizing forecast variability. They partner with commercial planning teams (Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Planning) to gather inputs to build the consensus demand plan through the S&OP process for CPD.
Key Job Accountabilities:
Responsibilities are not limited to the below listing:
- Develop accurate and timely demand forecast while reducing inventory/working capital, and minimizing forecast variability
- Partner with commercial planning teams (Sales, Marketing, Finance, and Customer Planning) to gather inputs to build the consensus demand plan through the S&OP process
- Work closely with the BSM team to understand and resolve known supply constraints or excess inventory risks and communicate to commercial teams in the S&OP demand review.
- Ensure consistency of forecast assumptions across the business unit, including base business trends, promotional plans, new launch volumes, planogram changes & seasonal volume.
- Ensure alignment of Demand Forecast with Sales Estimate and/or provide reconciliation and analysis of variance
- Focus on accuracy of demand plan for new product launches, based on accurate analysis of distribution builds and velocity/share expectations
- Analyze historical sales data and future plans. Work cross-functionality to achieve continuous improvement in demand forecast accuracy. Improve overall demand plan.
- Prepare written analyses, documentation, reports or other data
- BA/BS degree in Supply Chain, Engineering, Business or related field preferred
- Minimum 1-5 years of relevant business experience within Manufacturing or Supply Chain
- Possess well-developed communication (written and oral) and interpersonal skills to be able to build strong work relationships with all levels of the organization
- Have the ability to synthesize information and create a clear synopsis of key issues
- Possess strong organizational skills with the ability to prioritize, handle multiple tasks, and work independently
- Ensure attention to detail
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to manage in complex situation often needing to deliver innovative results
- Demonstrated success in persuasion, influence and negotiation skills
- Results oriented
- Develop appreciation of global markets and cultural diversity
- Puts the consumer as the central focus
- Challenges the status quo and strives for excellence
- Innovates beyond the product
- Seizes what is just starting and opens new ventures
- Builds a shared vision and strategic frame
- Creates strategic scenarios for growth
- Leads transformation by aligning organization and human capabilities
- Demonstrates sound judgement in decision making
- Takes accountability with courage and transparency
- Builds a consumer / customer-centric organization
- Give space initiatives and enables teams to take risks
- Delivers both sustainable and short-term results with integrity
- Fosters a climate of trust, and constructive confrontation
- Develops collective performance of the team
- Encourages transversal cooperation
- Actively networks for effective stakeholder management
- People Developer
- Treats all individuals in a respectful and consistent manner
- Leverages diversity
- Stimulates learning
- Empowers and develops individuals to contribute to their best
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Behavior Charter and Competencies
Measure of Success:
- Demand forecast accuracy / variability
- Demand plan accuracy
- Inventory level
Ask us about L’Oreal’s workplace flexibility programs.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.