Clarisonic, the Luxury Beauty Division of L'Oreal USA, has an exciting opportunity for a Senior Electrical Engineer, Product Design. We are looking for a driven professional that is ready to lead critical projects while working in a collaborative environment.
A Research & Innovation (R&I) Senior Electrical Engineer, Product Design is responsible for all electrical engineering content for device development projects. Primary activities include all aspects of product design, project engineering, product evaluation and documentation. Other activities may include project management and documentation system support. Excellent self-motivated team player with solid leadership skills.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- Electrical Design - Provide primary design input for new and existing products. This includes product research, evaluation of design options, detailed design and full development of cost effective solutions to a variety of engineering problems or activities. Lead schematic capture activities, performance simulations, oversee PCBA layout, develop software and troubleshoot electronic hardware.
- Product Evaluation - Develop product performance and quality standards. Test and evaluate designs and competitive products. Establish product performance baseline and monitor ongoing quality. Resolve quality issues as required.
- Manufacturing Support - Act as Senior Engineering liaison to Operations. Troubleshoot production issues as required. Participate in Material Review Board activities, including component obsolescence and root cause analysis and corrective actions.
- Project Management – Performs duties of tactical project manager and/or project engineer to plan and coordinate all aspects of a variety of design activities from conceptualization to product release as well as responsibility for follow-on cost and quality performance.
- Supervision – May supervise other personnel and/or outside consultants as necessary.
- BS/MS in Electrical Engineering required.
- 10+ years of device development experience including all phases of the product development lifecycle, including concept, design, vendor & component selection, implementation, verification and validation activities necessary for product commercialization required.
- 10+ years of computer based engineering tools experience required. Prefer experience with Altium, OrCAD/PADS, LTSpice, C/C++ IDEs, Matlab, LabView or equivalent.
- 5+ years of analog, digital, firmware/software design experience. Experienced with 8/16/32-bit microcontrollers.
- Strong ability to specify, design and manage layout of cost effective, highly reliable PCB assemblies and associated documentation (BOM, component specifications, etc.) for off-shore mass production. Travel may be required (5 - 15%)
- Ability to lead software development including architecture definition, code development, test compliance, revision control and release to production. Solid C language embedded programming skills.
- Excellent lab troubleshooting skills and ability to rework SMT assemblies without assistance.
- Demonstrated ability to effectively manage multiple concurrent projects with aggressive schedules and bring them to completion in a timely manner.
- Strong track record for managing engineering details while clearly communicating status to non-technical staff.
- Well-developed communication and influencing skills
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.