As a senior packaging engineer, you will be actively using your technical learnings to support a specific brand or technical category. You will be part of a team, beginning to contribute to the team vision, métier and personal goals.
You will be interacting more autonomously with marketing, innovation, various other audiences, both internally and externally. Building a level of knowledge of the brands portfolios and learning how to use your experience to offer a strong/viable technical position, while bringing valuable and meaningful solutions to the brands we support.
The role is expected to be dynamic, engaged at all levels, innovative, able to work in a fast environment and ready to contribute to the teams vision.
OVERALL BUSINESS ACUMEN & COMMUNICATION
· Good written and verbal communication skills, able to deal effectively with all levels of a diverse and global organization and supplier base
· Flexible approach to problem solving and ability to present technical solutions to your category head
· Building experience in technical elements necessary for the development and commercialization of new products, with an understanding of timing and financial impacts
· Building self-management and organizational skills to manage documentation, materials and information for rapidly changing priorities
· Curiosity, creativity and out of the box thinking
· Ability to listen, to learn and to be a professional engineer that successfully elevates the attractiveness and visibility of the department
· Clearly support and contribute to a team vision in order to achieve department goals and objectives
· Advancing in your ability to partner effectively across different functions and levels.
· Beginning to build strong relationships built on trust, collaboration, solid technical knowledge and business acumen.
· Beginning to apply the process on how to translate innovation or marketing conceptions, into technically industrialized products
· An understanding and strong interest in mold functionalities and molding processes
· Expanding your experience in working with various materials, the manufacturing, decorating techniques and functionality of primary, secondary and tertiary packaging
· Increased knowledge and ability to anticipate and recognize risks, analyze data, identify root causes, draw conclusion and deliver a solid technical report with viable packaging solutions to enable stakeholders to make quality decisions
· Increased knowledge of good manufacturing capabilities, supporting necessary line trials and how the component conception impacts efficiencies of the plant
FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES, INCLUDE BUT NOT LIMITED TO
· Performing all of the below with some level of autonomy, requesting guidance only in some key technical or management areas.
· Learning and beginning to apply design to conception and design to cost
· Participate in supplier selection from a technical and overall business position
· Define, engineer and optimize technical conceptions
· Participating and/or managing new tooling development, approval of technical drawings and part validation
· Fully own specifications and all technical milestones in project timelines to ensure on-time technical validations
· Understand and learning how to push Division + Operations + Vendors Adherence to key dates
· Learning and applying ability to anticipate and elevate blocking points to ensure meeting deadlines and or major launches
· Responsible for 1st component reception quality in the plant
· Be proficient in our systems related to packaging specifications, artwork and testing
· Troubleshoot technical issues across entire supply chain
· Support and drive solutions to packaging consumer complaints and non-conformities
· Participate in the execution of sustainability initiatives
· Support in the execution of value analysis initiatives
· Identify and implement process improvements
· Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends, inclusive but not limited to packaging technology
· Up to 25% travel to domestic and/or international suppliers and plants
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
· Bachelor’s degree in Engineering or a related technical discipline
· 3+ years’ of proven experience in package engineering & development desired; preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field.
· French, Portuguese, and/or Spanish Language skills are a plus
· Strong PC skills; MS Office, PowerPoint and CAD software