Job Title: Sr Engineer, Innovation & Engineering Operations
Supervisor Title: Innovation & Engineering Sr. Manager
FLSA status: Exempt
Location: Monmouth Junction, NJ
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
Drive technical innovation and enable the execution of the Luxe Fulfillment Centers Operations through engineering support. Transform the fulfillment centers into strategic hubs for the Luxe network and establish the centers as a flagship for fulfillment innovation. Help develop, lead, and sustain the Luxe Network’s continuous improvement culture while collaborating with cross-functional leadership and team members to meet the needs of the consumer and achieve business and sustainability objectives.
- Manage engineering projects within time and scope
- Analyze labor utilization, facility layout and work process flow to determine operational efficiency and recommends methods for improvement
- Evaluate and design facility layout, workstations and best practice for methods and procedures
- Evaluate operational safety processes and ergonomics
- Collaborate with contractors and distribution team members on projects implemented for operational improvement
- Strategize and execute the integration of new fulfillment technologies
- Manage the fulfillment center’s capital expenditure budget
- Bachelor of Science in an Engineering discipline
- Preferred experience in distribution or manufacturing environment in technical management
- Demonstrate the L’Oreal competencies including but not limited to creative problem solving, decision making, achievement orientation, cultivation of talent and strong communication skills
- Ability to work effectively and influence a wide array of personnel from distribution floor employees to senior management, and across supply chain functions
- Demonstrated understanding of successful change management and principles of design
- Strong analytical and organizational skills
- Problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies
- Professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Ability to communicate technical information in a clear and concise manner
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally
- Ability to manage in complex situations, often needing to deliver innovative results quickly
- Preferred experience in Six Sigma, 5S, LEAN, and/or TPM methodologies
NOTE: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.