The Senior Manager/Director Demand Planning Lead will partner with Sales, Marketing, Operations and Finance to develop an accurate demand forecast for all SKUs in the designated area of the business. Accountable to provide focus and integration of data from Marketing, Sales, Customer Marketing, and Finance, which are used to develop accurate and timely forecasts supporting Operations, Sales and Financial Planning. Ensure consistency of forecast assumptions across the business unit, including base business trends, promotional plans, new launch volumes, planogram changes and seasonal volume. Responsible for understanding and reinforcing manufacturing, marketing and financial processes to link/align with forecasting processes. Provide guidance / oversight of SKU level forecasts, to ensure alignment with business direction and consistency with market trends. Communicate demand forecast plans and the assumptions behind them through the supply chain. Work closely with the Supply Planning/MSL team to identify and resolve changes in the forecast and their impact on the supply chain. Establish and manage SKU level statistical forecasts for their specific area of accountability (Logility). Gather and incorporate all sources of market intelligence to produce the best possible operational forecast. Update and monitor process key performance indicators and diagnostics to ensure continual forecast improvement efforts and prepare written analyses, documentation, reports or other data of a quality requiring minimal supervisory review.
- Bachelor’s degree required; preferably in the area of Supply Chain, Mathematics, Statistics, Operations Research, or other quantitative business discipline)
- Minimum 5 years work experience
- Software Skills: Proficiency with MS Office required, intermediate MS Excel required, advanced Excel helpful; experience with a forecast modeling tool preferred, e.g. Logility; SAP experience helpful
- Working knowledge of:
- Use of quantitative methods to analyze situations and solve business problems
- Data management/databases
- OLAP tools
- Consumer marketing
- Supply chain operations
- Must have ability to work cross functionally, build relationships and excel in a team environment
Business acumen/sound judgment essential. Position has a significant impact on the operating results of the business unit. Must be able to quickly grasp the various dimensions of business issues. Must be able to make sense out of complexity, deal with uncertainty and understand the implications of a decision on all affected parts of the business unit. Moderate level of oversight by supervisor.
Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Develop accurate demand forecasts for product segment, while reducing inventory/working capital, and minimizing forecast variability
- Ensure alignment of Demand Forecast with Sales Estimate and/or provide reconciliation and analysis of variance
- Develop strong working knowledge of marketing/sales/customer business plans to validate forecast and accurately reflect business plan alignment
- Develop and maintain a 24-month operational forecast by SKU by in Logility
- Focus on accuracy of demand plan for new product launches, based on accurate analysis of distribution builds and velocity/share expectations
- Analyze historical sales data and future plans while working cross-functionality to achieve continuous improvement in the accuracy of demand forecasts. Using projected demand plans, work towards continuous improvement of forecast accuracy and improve overall demand plan
- Complete post-launch evaluation and capture and apply knowledge learned
- Provide leadership in monthly consensus forecast meetings
- Ensure that appropriate forecasting processes and methods are being followed and updated as needed. Maintain forecast system data integrity. Perform ad hoc analyses, as required, in support of contingency/scenario planning
- Work cross functionally toward continuous improvement of forecast accuracy
- Participate in special projects, providing leadership as needed on cross-functional teams
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.