Sr Manager/Director Influencer Marketing and Social Media
@GarnierUSA Brand Communications Team
OVERVIEW OF THE ROLE
@GarnierUSA is looking for a highly motivated social media and influencer marketing expert with 7+ years’ experience to help drive best-in-class paid, owned and earned social media and influencer content for the Garnier master brand, which includes CSR programs to leverage the brand’s Greener Beauty equity, and product categories including skincare, hair color, and hair care. The Senior Manager will be responsible for working with the team on strategy, planning, execution and reporting results to management. This role reports into the Assistant Vice President of Brand Communications.
This role is critical for creating a cool, elevated but accessible reputation for the brand on owned and earned TikTok, Instagram/Stories/Reels/Live/IGTV, YouTube, Facebook, Twitter and Pinterest. The goal of this candidate is to help us build brand love and advocacy on Garnier social platforms and influencer platforms, grow an engaged community of Gen Z and millennial influencers and recruit new consumers into the brand.
- Understand @GarnierUSA’s unique clean beauty brand positioning and stay true to brand equity through all social/influencer content that ladders up to the category strategy and global brand vision across paid, owned and earned programs
- Ability to closely collaborate with the AVP, Content Manager and Community Manager to ideate and execute the influencer and social strategy (including channel strategy, persona, tone and KPIs) and leverage results internally for weekly and monthly reports
- Thoroughly understand ever-evolving social/influencer marketing landscape and liaise with CMO team and CMI team on corporate guidelines, best practices and the evolution of ROI
- Well versed in working with influencers for paid and earned programs. Spearhead contracting influencers for paid content by working closely with agency team, in-house legal team and Crisis Comms to follow corporate guidelines, contract and manage all influencer partners and their content
- Counsel DMI team and Marketing teams on the brand’s influencer and social strategy, insights and best practices to help them upskill and best collaborate with the brand comms team on global initiatives and new U.S. product launches and campaigns
- Collaborate with Media and Marketing on paid social media campaigns with an eye toward brand awareness and channel engagement
- Support AVP and Marketing Communications agency in developing CSR activation programs and earned media outreach
QUALIFICATIONS FOR THE ROLE
- 7+ years’ experience in social media and influencer marketing for a brand (in-house or agency)
- Beauty, CPG, or Fashion experience is preferred
- Strong network of influencer relationships
- Experience managing agencies and vendors
- In-depth knowledge of event management
- Ability to manage budgets accurately
- Experience dealing with brand spokespeople, talent, influencers and experts like hair colorists, hair stylists and aestheticians (including contracts and managing their agents, publicists, etc)
- Expert in social media landscape
- Strong analytic skills. Experience with social tools like Traackr, Net Base, Rival IQ, Sprinklr is a plus
- Collaborative spirit and ability to work cross-functionally with many different teams on projects
- Strong interpersonal skills (written and oral)
- Strong appreciation for our business / sensitivity to métier
- Demonstrated L’Oreal USA Competencies: Strong leadership and organizational skills, entrepreneurial management, achiever and innovator
- Must be professional, energetic and have a positive attitude
- Creative thinking a must
- Ability to travel for work outside of NYC post-COVID (mostly LA and Miami)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.