JOB TITLE: Sr. Manager, International Transportation
DEPARTMENT: Transportation – Corporate Supply Chain
LOCATION: Cranbury, NJ
For more than a century, L’Oreal has devoted its energy, innovation and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. A business rich in meaning, it enables all individuals to express their personalities, gain self-confidence and open up to others. Beauty is our language, a universal language. Joining L’Oreal means joining our mission of offering women and men worldwide the best innovation by meeting the infinite diversity of beauty needs and desires all over the world. A company founded on Science, we continually explore new territories and invent products of the future, while drawing inspiration from beauty rituals the world over. Our formula: Diversity Plus Inclusion equals Innovation and Success. Drawing on the diversity of our multinational teams and the richness and the complementarity of our brand portfolio, Beauty remains our commitment. L’Oréal has made the universalization of beauty its project for the years to come, offering beauty for all. At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good corporate citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
Supporting International Transportation, serve as the principle operating manager controlling the flow of internationally sourced materials inbound to our manufacturing sites and distribution centers and the export of finished goods to L’Oréal Affiliates worldwide. Responsible for developing service provider strategies, standardizing process and procedures for logistics operations ensuring on-time customer delivery, in transit visibility and data quality. Manages team of internal transportation operators and 3rd party contractors with direct responsibility for shipment optimization, network performance, activity-based reporting, and day to day international transportation operations. Accountable for financial and service performance. Reporting to the Vice President of Transportation.
ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Lead a team of international transportation operators and managers
- Provide day-to-day leadership and management to a service focused organization that mirrors the adopted mission and core values of the company
- Responsible for the measurement and effectiveness of all processes, internal and external
- Provides timely, accurate and complete reports on the operating condition of the international network
- Own service delivery to manufacturing, distribution and affiliates through an internal team and external contract partners
- Spearhead the development, communication and implementation of effective international strategies and processes
- Motivate and lead a high-performance team; attract, recruit, and retain required members of the delivery team
- Develop and install procedures and controls to promote communication and adequate information flow and visibility to the movement of goods from origin to final delivery
- The continuous identification implementation of operational best practice through interaction with the wider team
- Establish and monitor quality standards for the effective management of international purchase orders to ensure efficient and timely product flow
- Monitor transportation systems and reports for discrepancies and incomplete activity in support of International team and direct forwarding partners in required remedies
- Proactively updates internal customers on delayed shipments or vendor issues
- Lead and participate on cross functional projects supporting improvements to the overall performance of the company
- Collaborate with other managers and staff members to formulate and implement policies, procedures, goals, and objectives
Operational and Financial Administration
- Responsible for the management of $25M+ in international freight spend
- Create, own, and deliver through the team, international continuous improvement projects
- Analyze expenditures and other financial information to develop plans, policies, and budgets for improving cost and service performance
- Collaborate with Group procurement, practice leaders and global affiliates to develop rate and service strategies that meet the objectives of the North America Zone
- Own annual international freight standard cost build and alignment process with key internal stakeholders
- Accountable for relevant transportation input into compliance programs (CTPAT, AES, AEO, etc.) and SOPs and ensuring they are kept up to date
- Conduct audits validating compliance to L’Oréal processes
Analytics and Reporting
- Leverage transportation data and analytics to drive performance and cost improvement
- Analyze carrier and vendor performance reporting to identify service issues and determine appropriate actions to address deficiencies
- Report on daily / weekly / monthly key performance indicators.
- Ensure all data provided by vendors and transportation providers is timely and accurate.
- Provide ad-hoc reporting and analysis which will drive improvement to KPI’s.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND:
- Bachelor’s degree in Business, Operations Management, Supply Chain/Logistics or Economics preferred.
- 4 year degree required.
- Minimum 7 years of demonstrated strong operational experience.
- Prior experience managing international transportation network required.
- Prior experience leading operations team required.
- Experience in data-driven culture, retail / CPG transportation or with a carrier / 3PL service provider preferred.
- Proven knowledge of transportation, distribution and broader supply chain concepts.
- Strong communication skills (written & verbal) are important as the position will interface with all levels of the organization both internally and externally
- Must be team-oriented and able to effectively collaborate and build relationships with all cross-functional teams and stakeholders and customer service driven
- Understanding of global freight flows and supply chain management
- Familiarity with international freight rates, cost structures and how routing methods affect cost
- Solid business acumen with P&L or budget responsibility
- Must be able to multi-task and prioritize workload to meet deadlines
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.