Senior Manager, Digital Media Strategy
Professional Products Division
The Senior Manager, Digital Media Strategy is responsible for developing and consulting on Omnimedia strategies for Professional Products Division, which includes brands like Redken, Kerastase, Matrix, Pureology, L’Oreal Professionnel, Biolage and more. In support of the AVP, Omnimedia, the Senior Manager, Omnimedia ensures that all media efforts support the brands’ and division’s overall business and marketing objectives, and proactively seeks out first to market opportunities for the division. The Manager will be responsible for planning alongside the brands, tracking media mix, and helping answer key business questions through campaigns and results. This role is highly collaborative, with ongoing communication across agency partners and internal media teams such as brand, eRetail, Paid Search and more to ensure a 360 view of media.
This individual will work with various teams to manage, develop and track media programs and investments to maximize brand image or sales and share results across teams to ensure implementation of best practices across 9+ brands. They will work to support strategic brand objectives, launches, and activities; responsible for increasing consumer touchpoints, market share, discoverability & media performance.
The candidate must be data-driven, highly analytical, and consumer minded. The role reports into the AVP, Omnimedia.
Key Functional Areas of Responsibility
- Contribute to and aid in streamlining the media planning process alongside brands and agency partners
- Consult on/develop innovative media solutions and strategies to aid in driving growth for PPD; Provide strong POV on all aspects of a media plan and guide development
- Own and manage division-level media opportunities/projects
- Monitor the full ecosystem to strategically identify new media pilot opportunities, with support from CDMO team.
- Work in tandem with brand and agency teams to ensure optimizations & learnings are being communicated and implemented across teams
- Contribute to strategy, campaign structure, optimizations, and ad content POVs.
- Manage PPD investment tracker, keeping track of monthly and ad hoc updates; Partner with Finance to ensure accuracy across platforms
- Own Media Financial process across brands, leveraging Contacts; Act as Key User across platforms, managing user permissions, flow and process, CDMO directives, etc.
- Track biweekly, and monthly campaign reporting and learnings, including key performance metrics, trends, optimizations, opportunities
- Create and manage PPD Media Performance Tracker, tracking key KPIs to aid in the development of division-specific benchmarks across both professional and consumer targeted campaigns
- Internally upskill & educate teams on the fundamentals of media planning and advise on briefings and media strategy to aid the group
- Partner with internal media teams to design campaigns (tactics, targeting, etc.), evaluate performance and align on optimizations based on data.
- Create business cases for investment and growth opportunities
- Assist with scope management and tracking where necessary
- Partner with eRetail media, Paid Search, and other internal teams to ensure a 360 view of media
- Conduct competitive and industry research to stay abreast of changes and new digital platforms and technologies.
- Support AVP Media in ad hoc projects and deliverables
Professional Skills & Qualifications
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, or related field
- 5+ years relevant industry experience media planning and/or hands-on experience managing performance-based digital campaigns
- Knowledge of digital media systems and tools (i.e., ad servers, attribution, tagging, ad verification)
- Knowledge of ad targeting methodologies, media metrics, media measurement methodologies, and analysis
- Understanding of DMP segment builds for data overlay within media activation
- Experience with website analytics tools (e.g, Google Analytics)
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills
- Well-versed in performance marketing, conversion, and online customer acquisition
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office; deep experience with data analysis in Excel, including pivot tables and advanced functions
- Excellent written and verbal communicator
- Attention to detail and the ability to effectively multi-task in a deadline driven environment
- Ability to work across multiple brands and foster team collaboration
- Beauty industry experience a plus
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.