Job Title Sr. Mgr. – Distribution
Location: Cranbury, NJ
Reports To: Dir – Physical Flows
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At the heart of our activities lies the ambition to lead by example with high ethical standards and the determination to be seen as a good citizen with goals that are not only business oriented but socially responsible. As a leader, we must preserve the beauty of the planet and contribute to the well-being of our employees and of the communities in which we are present. We invite you to explore the opportunities to help us perform this important mission.
At L'Oréal Operations, we create innovative, inclusive, and sustainable beauty together with our business partners by designing, developing, sourcing, manufacturing, and distributing over 6 billion products globally every year. We support over 36 brands across four L’Oréal divisions. We are consumer-oriented, and we act responsibly all along the value chain. Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Do:
In this role you will manage the execution of Physical Distribution of finished goods to retail/drug customers which include reception, storage and fulfillment. Working cross functionally with Supply Chain business partners such as Transportation, Customer Service and Inventory Management to be able to fulfill shipments to customers on-time and in-full.
- Coordinate activities of Distribution personnel to ensure Inbound and Outbound operations are meeting flow requirements
- Coordinates assembly line operations in a very fast paced environment. Supervise fulltime staff along with temporary labor (20 temps)
- Plan and disseminate workload according to customer orders
- Coordinate 3PL / Outside Storage partners when necessary
- Ensure efficient flow of products from L'Oreal to our customers, meeting all shared fundamental service goals
- Establish and maintain business relationships with our internal partners (Customer Care, Supply Chain Finance, Inventory Management, etc.)
- Control and reconcile inventory
- Manage the operation of Product Life Cycle within the DC
- Develop capacity and production models to insure maximum labor efficiency
- Work cross-functionally to determine and implement priority logistical initiatives and customized strategies to maximize supply chain performance and efficiency
- Coordinate operations with Display Assembly onsite in Distribution Center
- Provide leadership in all high performing team and Safety, Health and Environmental-related activities
- Partner with the Continuous Improvement & Quality department on projects and initiatives
- Implement Pulse feedback initiatives and Simplicity activities
- Ensure a safe workplace - Zero Lost time accidents
- Develop and manage capital expenditure ROI
- Drive a productive, efficient team with Budget/Productivity expectations met
- Mentor and develop direct reports and drive development plans and actions across all levels
What We Are Looking For:
- Education: BA/BS degree, in Supply Chain Management or related field required
- Experience: 3-5 years distribution center operations experience required
- Technical Experience: 2-3 years SAP warehouse management module experience required; Microsoft Office experience with emphasis on Excel required
- Labor Management System (LMS) experience a plus
- Assembly promotional material co-packing a plus
- Understanding of WMS and LMS systems
- Understanding of picking operations which include case, loose pick
- Ability to manage multiple, complex projects simultaneously.
- Previous Supervisory/Management experience required.
- Strong leadership, analytical, project management, interpersonal, verbal and written communication skills and
- Computer proficiency including SAP, Word, Excel
- Share best practices throughout local area and L’Oreal Global
- Thrive within a changing organization and fast-paced work environment
- Manage multiple priorities in a fast-paced, dynamic environment
- Create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive
- Self-motivated and work independently and as a team member
- Influence team and work well in a cross-functional team
- Manage the site’s assets to maximize our stockholders return
- People Developer
- Selflessly develop others
- Build positive work relationships with all levels of the company
- Implement and utilize the L’Oreal USA Manifesto, Lead and Enable Behaviors and Competencies
Technical / Professional:
- Demonstrate strong analytical and organizational skills;
- Demonstrate problem-solving skills and an understanding of simplification/improvement methodologies
- Demonstrate professional judgment and sound decision-making skills
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures
- Ability to communicate scientific information in a clear and concise manner
- Demonstrate 100% responsibility with regard to actions and reactions
- Act as a responsible citizen in our company and community
- Must be able to interact effectively – both internally and externally;
- Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing
This summary describes the general nature of work to be performed and is not an exhaustive list of all responsibilities, duties, and skills required of an incumbent in this position.
What’s In It For You:
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.