Senior Manager, Global Marketing
Reports to: Director, Global Marketing
Active Cosmetics Division
Hudson Yards, NY
In the Active Cosmetics Division, we make a difference to the lives of millions of consumers by improving the health and beauty of their skin, through every stage of life. Our brands (CeraVe, SkinCeuticals, La Roche Posay, Vichy and Dermablend) lead the way in skincare innovation, offering safe and effective products and services that deliver on their promises. We invest heavily in research and development, and co-create our products with health professionals, scientists, and the 90,000 dermatologists we serve around the world. We also design connected beauty experiences, harnessing intelligent technologies to empower people to take control of their skin health.
Our mission is to make a positive impact on people's lives. We are driven by human values of trust, respect, and authenticity. Our teams work in a dynamic, supportive environment and on meaningful projects that are changing the future of medical beauty. If you want to lead in innovation, technology, & research, and you care about collaborating with passionate colleagues, serving communities, & acting for the planet, please join us!
CeraVe is a leader in mass medical skincare worldwide and growing rapidly. At CeraVe we believe that everyone has a right to healthy skin and are on a mission to provide therapeutic and accessible skincare to every person in the world. With triple digit growth, CeraVe is quickly expanding across all continents to become the leader in mass medical skincare and has become L’Oreal’s fastest growing skincare brand.
Who we are looking for:
CeraVe is looking to enrich our Global Marketing Team by recruiting a Senior Manager of Marketing.
The Senior Manager of Global Marketing will play a key role in CeraVe’s global expansion, product launches, and brand vision. We are looking for a candidate with a strong DMI (global marketing) background who can manage several product categories including Facial Moisturizers, Facial Serums, Hand Cream, and CeraVe’s product line for Baby. The ideal candidate will also be driven, comfortable working in a fast-paced environment, and possess skincare development experience.
Manage New Product Development:
- Oversee categories of Facial Moisturizers, Facial Serums, Hand Cream, and CeraVe’s product line for Baby.
- Using consumer and scientific insights, trends, and product knowledge, build 3-year product innovation plan for the brand that addresses business needs and meets Brand DNA. Partner with Labs and Industrial Development team to ensure product feasibility and appropriate development timelines.
- Responsible for end-to-end project launch (insights, formula direction, packaging design, artwork, claims, launch strategy) and partnership with Zone and Market Teams to ensure comprehensive and on-time 360 launch.
- Oversee concept development: incorporation of consumer and scientific insights to create meaningful and innovative product positioning, in alignment with business needs and brand equity.
- Oversee product development process, including formula approvals, for both new products and existing product reformulations.
- Oversee the end-to-end claims process, including clinical testing and medical studies.
- Ensure the overall feasibility and profitability of projects through cost of goods management.
- Create vision for product packaging and work with creative on package development. Oversee artwork process including reviewing and approving all mechanicals.
- Oversee market / consumer / dermatologist research and analyses for categories managed to provide insights on brand challenges, risks, and opportunities.
- Work with Global Consumer Research to analyze global category research and develop action plans for various product categories.
Manage Global Marketing Activations:
Work with cross-functional partners and agencies to:
- Brief and create integrated consumer launch plans including hero assets, POS displays, social assets, PDP copy, social activations, educational videos, and more.
- Brief and create medical activation plans including medical conference activations, Ad Board presentations, core visual aids, and more.
- Ensure content meets the Brand DNA.
- Manage production budget and drive cost efficiencies.
Strategic Meeting Management:
- Support management meeting agendas for international meetings.
- Develop materials and ensure quality of those presented.
- Effectively present to senior management.
- Coordinate communication across Zones related to managed categories.
- Ensure global consistency of product launches and marketing plans.
- 6-7 years of related business experience.
- 2+ years prior experience in Global Marketing and/or Product Development in consumer-packaged goods or beauty.
- Skincare experience is preferred.
- Experience working in a fast-paced and agile environment.
- Experience working collaboratively with Labs on new products or renovations.
- Experience successfully launching and managing a new product or renovation through its entire life cycle.
- Experience briefing and managing external creative agencies to bring creative concepts to life.
- Proactive, ability to self-manage projects, ability to overcome obstacles independently.
- Strong proficiency in Microsoft Suite, especially PowerPoint.
- Presentation skills: ability to influence internal and external stakeholders through persuasive presentations.
- Leadership skills: ability to demonstrate leadership within brand team and cross-functional partners.
- Excellent Interpersonal Skills (written and oral).
- Demonstrates L’Oréal Competencies: Leadership, Entrepreneurship, Achiever, and Innovator.
*We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.