Manage package development and project management activities to assure timely and cost effective new product launches, promotions, and maintenance of basic business activities. Active participation in identifying new and improved processes that will result in effective cost reduction / harmonization programs for new or existing products. In assigned project category leads package innovation.
- ESSENTIAL FUNCTIONS AND BASIC DUTIES
- Research and develop packaging components.
- Provide direction to test and evaluate packaging components.
- Meeting coordination, minutes & follow-ups
- Guide Marketing in new product brief creation
- Communication Link (between the Division & Industrial teams)
- Project Development Timeline preparation and tracking
- Manage projects through QCP (all aspects)
- Feasibility Costs and COG analysis
- Risk Analysis coordination & communication
- Aesthetic/Color Approvals with Marketing
- Value Analysis leader
- Research and Development coordination
- Manage project work as necessary or required.
- Interface with all manufacturing management and associated or related functional areas.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends within the PD discipline.
- Perform other duties as necessary or required.
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATIONAL BACKGROUND
- Bachelor’s degree in Packaging Engineering or a related technical discipline
- Minimum 5+ years experience in proven package development project work/quality experience, preferably in the cosmetics, consumer goods or related field
- French Language skill is a plus
- Travel to vendors and plants will be a requirement (10-15% of time)
- Proficient PC skills - MS Office software and capable of building presentations on Excel and/or PowerPoint. Also Proficient in the use of MS Project.
- Good communication skills, to be able to deal effectively with all levels of our organization AND our suppliers.
- Good organizational skills to manage the documentation, materials and information.
- Assume Leadership role of Brand Development team and special projects as needed.
- Develop and maintain a professional knowledge of new or emerging trends and technologies.