Senior Manager/Director: Digital Media & Platforms
NYX Professional Makeup
Data is the new oil and L'Oreal has made it a top strategic objective to put data at the core of our marketing organization. We are looking for an inspiring leader to bring that vision to life for the high growth indie NYX Professional Makeup brand.
This highly visible role will report to the AVP of Integrated Consumer Communications and be responsible for developing and executing a best in class integrated customer strategy across multi-channel digital properties for the NYX PMU brand. The Sr. Manager of Marketing, Media and Platforms will be responsible for the strategy, execution and continuous refinement of data-driven initiatives across Paid Social Media, Programmatic, YouTube, Amazon and other digital platforms. This role will manage the budget for Media & Platforms and be supported by 1 direct report and several agencies.
The successful candidate will work closely with multiple business stakeholders, agencies and division/corporate teams to manage briefing, planning, execution and post-campaign analysis, while meeting all milestones and ensure business goals are met. This will include collaboration on the development of standardized templates and monthly report summaries to be presented to and distributed throughout the NYX PMU marketing and senior management teams as well as Corporate.
The successful candidate will play a pivotal role in driving new leads and sales for our rapidly growing business. The ideal candidate will be a left-brained marketer who is a master with numbers, data and analytics. They must be tirelessly curious about the rapidly changing digital landscape.
Specific responsibilities within each area include:
MARKETING: DIGITAL MEDIA + PLATFORMS
- Responsible for the overall strategy, daily management and execution of the Omni-channel media plan for NYX PMU to increase the consumer database and LTV, and create consistency across paid channels
- Lead the creative vision for best in class media assets in coordination with the global NYX PMU digital team and corporate digital teams. Coordinate copy and the design process with our in-house creative team to deliver marketing plan assets that perform well. Create a robust A/B test plan to optimize creative across channels.
- Develop and manage a comprehensive strategy around acquisition and retention of NYX PMU consumers.
- Lead end-to-end acquisition campaign strategy, planning, launch, optimization & performance measurement across digital channels, with a focus on hands-on-keyboard execution for paid search, display retargeting, and paid social
- Plan, implement and evaluate experiments and conversion optimization tests for both the D2C and e-retail channels.
- Measure and report performance of all digital marketing campaigns, assess against goals (ROI and KPIs) and optimize expenses and performance based on these insights.
- Constantly improve consumer experience evolving our media mix. Propose new vendors and platforms to meet the needs of the NYX PMU digital consumer
- Partner with Owned and Earned teams within ICC, Marketing, IT, CMO and multiple agency partners to evolve NYX PMU Data-Driven vision and ensure alignment of all key business objectives
- Partner with the CMO team and across the CPD Division Data Leads to align on known data activation, analytics, corporate data projects, and new initiatives for known data growth
- Coordinate with the CRM and marketing teams to ensure the site is optimized for media traffic and delivers a great consumer journey
- Manage 1 direct report and four agencies
- Must have proven track record in growing a business via data-driven strategies
- In-depth understanding of the digital media landscape and platforms to build acquisition and retention programs
- Strong presentation skills and a particular aptitude for synthesizing complex material so that it is clear, meaningful and actionable to a variety of stakeholders
- Excellent teamwork skills
- A facilitator and collaborator; able to work in fast-paced, demanding environment
- Ability and willingness to strategize and execute on plans
- Advanced analytical skills and in-depth database segmentation experience
- Ability to work closely with a diverse group of individuals of various functional disciplines
- Big-picture thinker and experience in a dynamic, high-growth environment
- Must possess excellent creative, organizational, verbal and written communication skills
- BA/BS in Marketing, Communications, Business Management. MBA preferred, not required.
- 5+ years relevant industry experience with 3+ years’ experience 3+ years of experience in B2C media planning, buying.
- Demonstrable experience leading and managing social media and/or paid advertising campaigns, SEM, email
- Managing FB/IG, Snapchat, YT campaigns at a significant scale
- Working knowledge of e-commerce platforms, conversion funnels, and A/B testing
- Ability to work in a fast-paced startup environment
- Solid knowledge of website analytics tools (e.g., Google Analytics, MixPanel.)
- Experience managing a database management preferred
- Experience with direct response marketing or ecommerce
- Strong and proven interactive track record/performance.
- Background/interest in cosmetics / beauty / hair / skin care preferred
NYX Professional Makeup is a modern, digitally-native makeup brand on the forefront of today’s emerging beauty trends. A leader in the global color cosmetics industry, NYX Professional Makeup is an affordable professional makeup line with every shade, color and tool needed to create makeup artistry at every level. Rooted in a professional artistry heritage, NYX Professional Makeup boasts a successful multi-channel approach at the forefront of digital and retail. A social media pioneer, NYX Professional Makeup is one of the most influential and top-ranked brands, and is followed by top beauty vloggers, Instagram stars, and their millions of fans. While headquartered in the heart of Los Angeles, NYX Professional Makeup is a global brand available in more than 70 countries at thousands of retailers consisting of specialty beauty and fashion stores, freestanding shops and beauty supply stores, as well as on www.nyxcosmetics.com.
We are an equal opportunity employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.