At L’Oreal, we’ve made it our quest to deliver beauty for all. It’s an aim that has seen us expand into over 130 countries, 78,000 employees, +32 international brands, €25.3 billion in sales and becoming the number one cosmetics group in the World!
We firmly believe that our best success comes from when we can incorporate the concept of diversity at all levels. We are proud of the sustainability commitment, Sharing Beauty With All, we made to our consumers and employees. Along with our ambition to reach the next billion consumers in the coming years, we will leave a positively impact in our world. After all, at L’Oreal, nothing is impossible…
Be a part of the adventure and join our diverse Purchasing Team: We are a team of passionate, diverse and responsible business partners, who innovate, create value and open new frontiers to fuel L’Oréal’s growth.
In this role, you will have the opportunity to develop the sourcing strategy of Raw Materials for the Americas Zone. You will be responsible for leading a selected portfolio of Raw Materials for the Americas, including the management of the suppliers, the execution of sourcing processes and the negotiations of contracts in order to maximize L’Oréal’s results and improve the bottom line growth.
Your Key job accountabilities:
- Manage the Surfactant and Oleochemical categories of Raw Materials for the Americas zone: Supplier negotiation & allocation decisions, ownership of financial performance, building technical & market knowledge in category.
- Manage sub-segments of the category on a global level.
- Develop and communicate sourcing strategies to the key Business stakeholders, in accordance with the Global Purchasing Strategy.
- Monitor and drive the financial performance of the category:
- Lead internal and external benchmarking.
- Construct and lead cost reduction projects (negotiations, value analysis, etc.) with a focus on total landed cost and process improvement.
- Own the supplier relationship and monitor the supplier performance through SRM program: Quality, Supply, Competitiveness, Innovation and Sustainability.
- Identify risks and develop mitigation plans to ensure the supply chain continuity.
- Support the Americas’ and Global manufacturing sites by optimizing supply chain parameters and total cost of ownership.
- Network and develop relationships with stakeholders, such as Marketing, Plant Management, Global Sourcing, Product Development, and Research & Innovation teams.
- Support the L’Oréal Group with its ambition to reach its 2020 CSR commitments through sustainable and ethical sourcing.
Who we are looking for:
- BS/BA Degree in Business, Engineering, Finance or related field. MBA preferable.
- 5+ years experience in Purchasing preferable.
- 2+ years experience in the Oleochemical industry will be a ‘plus’.
- Good knowledge of chemical cost breakdowns.
- Self-starter with high level of curiosity, in order to identify new cost saving opportunities.
- Highly analytical and with strong organizational skills. Ability to prioritize and multi-task.
- Ability to work independently in a fast-paced international environment.
- Excellent written and oral communication skills
- High degree of financial and analytical skills
- Exceptional computer Skills including Word, Excel, Outlook & PowerPoint
- Fluency in Spanish and Portuguese are considered plusses.
- Legally eligible to work in the US on an ongoing and permanent basis without sponsorship.
Competencies valued at L’Oreal:
- Act and lead with human sensitivity
- Manage complexity
- Achieve results with integrity
- Interact effectively
- Sensitivity to the métier.