Функция: Отдел исследований
Тип занятости: Полный рабочий день
Место расположения: New Jersey - Clark
Product Safety is responsible for the safety evaluation, testing and documentation of raw materials and finished formulations developed by, or acquired by L’Oreal USA, in compliance with global regulations and guidelines. The safety testing program consists of in-vitro as well as clinical test methodologies. This is a technical position that will require working knowledge of toxicology and safety risk assessments, experience in problem solving and execution of tasks related to approval of raw materials and finished formulations either developed by, or acquired by L’Oreal USA, prior to market launch.
II. PRINCIPAL ACCOUNTABILITIES
Conduct robust safety assessments that meet global regulations on raw materials and finished formulations for a category of products (e.g. Skin, Hair, Make-up or Fragrance) including OTC products
• Evaluation of ingredients, raw materials and formulations for internal and external labs based on risk assessments conducted and communicate safety approvals through product specific meetings
• Assist with compiling and reviewing of Cosmetic Safety Reports for compliance with EU and other global regulations
• Provide appropriate in vitro and clinical safety support for finished products
• Conduct literature searches as needed to generate robust safety assessments
• Proactively participate in discussions on internal safety positions
III. JOB REQUIREMENTS
Ph.D. in Pharmacology/Toxicology or closely related field
• 3-5 years of experience in cosmetics/personal care/consumer healthcare industries
• D.A.B.T. certification is highly preferred
• Expertise in general toxicology concepts, especially skin/eye irritation, skin sensitization, genotoxicity as well as immunology and phototoxicity
• Experience working with OTC products
• Well organized while handling multiple projects simultaneously
• Demonstrated skills in analyzing, reporting and documenting information with attention to detail
• Ability to work independently in a matrix environment
Appropriate and commensurate with the increasing safety demands of the Americas Region (North America, Central America and South America).
Operates under general supervision. Responsible for the product evaluation for the Americas Region and will collaborate with international colleagues to ensure global consistency, efficiency, and harmonization.