SR. STAFF ACCOUNTANT (CONSOLIDATION AND REPORTING)
L’Oreal Shared Services – St. Petersburg, FL
L’Oréal leads the world of beauty with 35 global renowned brands such as L’Oreal Paris, Maybelline, Lancôme, Ralph Lauren, Matrix, Redken, Carol’s Daughter, Skinceuticals, Essie, Kiehl’s, YSL, NYX Professional Make Up, Urban Decay, Mizani. With $26.9 billion (Euros) in annual sales and record operating margin in 2018 at 18.3% of sales. We have a presence in 140 countries, over 400 registered patents, launching over 500 products a year and 3.7% of its consolidated sales invested into its world-wide research facilities, L’Oréal is a technologically advanced company which manufactures and supplies over 4.5 billion units annually to the world.
We are the Accounting team at the L’Oreal Shared Services located in St. Petersburg, FL. We lead the completion of all the critical accounting transactions. We ensure the compliance of our methods and processes, and develop the reports that are used to share our results globally. We are always aiming to reach even greater heights in terms of accuracy and timing and are looking for exceptional Accounting professionals like you. Opportunity: Come join our dynamic team! We are currently actively looking for a:
SR. STAFF ACCOUNTANT (CONSOLIDATION AND REPORTING)
The Sr. Staff Accountant in Consolidation and Reporting provides support with preparing the consolidation reporting to the group for North America as well all other reports requested by the group during the year. They are Responsible for meeting group deadlines and following technical accounting processes.
- Reports to the Manager of Consolidation & Reporting at the Shared Service Center (SSC).
- Ensures the respect of the IFRS standards.
- Prepares the consolidation reporting to the group for North America as well all other reports requested by the group during the year.
- Responsible for meeting group deadlines and following technical accounting processes.
- Prepares the intercompany accounts reconciliation for all countries/Entities/divisions.
- Works closely with accounts payable, treasury and GL accountants within the SSC.
- Be in contact with the heads of accounting of entities or divisions.
- Maintains the accounting master data.
- Ensures back-up for other key points of contact within General Ledger and Reporting teams in order to guarantee service continuity.
- Able to communicate well within the local and global organization.
- Work well with peer teams to advise on accounting issues and enforce compliance with accounting standards and processes.
- Promote knowledge sharing across the SSC.
- Meet reporting deadlines, be accountable for Reporting KPIs and performance dashboards for the countries/divisions (group of brands).
GL accounting tasks
- Send out affiliate AR statements monthly.
- Prepare intergroup AR and AP aging schedules.
- Work with IG AR team and supply chain to apply cash received appropriately.
- Follow up on past due and affiliate issues.
- Prepare monthly general ledger entries according to Group requirements: provision for risks and charges, returns reserve, journal entries for adjustments, ad hoc items as needed.
- Prepare audit support schedules.
- Perform miscellaneous account analysis.
- Run monthly consolidated balance sheet and P&L for North America.
- Manage intergroup reporting, issues and reconciliation for balance sheet and P&L.
- Aggregate the balance sheet analytics prepared by the division leaders into a consolidated format. Understand fluctuations and ensure complete and accurate information is compiled quarterly and for the two hard closes.
- Submit the CONSO reporting for quarterly closing and HRDC consolidation reporting for the hard close in May and November.
- Prepare fixed asset and lease liability rollforwards, restructuring reports, trend, share, and other required schedules for CONSO reporting as requested by the Group. This is done quarterly and for the hard close in May and November.
- Prepare other required CONSO reporting as requested by the Group.
- Communicate with North America division leaders to provide explanations for reporting questions received from the Group.
- Prepare regulatory reporting in accordance with applicable deadlines.
Tax entries & reporting
- Prepare REPTAX reporting with the tax department.
- Obtain tax calculations and reporting schedules from tax department. Record tax expense monthly. Report tax information in the consolidation packages due six times per year.
Perform specific tasks linked to sales
- Calculate Royalties and prepare invoices for affiliates.
- Post and prepare declaration of Environmental tax (if applicable).
- Prepare and post journal entries: Loyalty Program, provision for allowances for returns, provisions for off invoice allowances, etc.
Chart of accounts
- Perform request creation or modification of General Ledger Master Data for L’Oreal Corporate Accounting.
Accounting internal control
- Follow Standard Operating Procedures regarding General Ledger and Reporting.
- Ensure segregation of duties respect.
- Ensure that financial communication respects Group standards.
- Perform miscellaneous controls during month end close, with continuous improvement mindset.
- BA / BS degree in Accounting required
- Current CPA license
- Minimum of 3 to 5 years of experience in complex audit engagements
- Up to 5 years of experience in General Ledger accounting or group consolidation.
- Strong knowledge of accounting rules, standards and regulations. Must be able to provide guidance and perform technical research to ensure proper IFRS compliance.
- Good knowledge of accounting processes and internal control principles. Perform and oversee effectiveness for key financial controls.
- Respects deadlines and manages priorities effectively.
- Ability to perform analyses regarding monthly, quarterly and annual reporting.
- Like to manipulate a lot of data and work on process improvement opportunities.
- Must be able to lead, manage, and motivate a diverse professional staff.
- SAP experience preferred but not required.
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office 365, primarily advanced Excel skills.
- Support the financial statement month-end close process through timely and effective preparation of journal entries, reconciliations and managing close deliverables.
- Must possess strong analytical and problem-solving skills; business acumen; organizational skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills.
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, collaborative and fast-paced work environment.
- Consumer products company background preferred.
- Special projects as required.
- Growth mindset.
- Travel to New Jersey and Montreal, Canada is required (Approx. 5%).
- Microsoft Office 365 (Mastering)
We offer excellent benefits including health insurance, dental insurance, profit sharing bonus, 401K, pension plan, summer hours, free goods allowance, work from home benefits and many more. We are looking for strong accountants interested in a long term career with the #1 beauty company in the world!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR