SR. SUPERVISOR, MANUFACTURING ACCOUNTING
L’Oreal Accounting Shared Services Center – St. Petersburg, FL
L’Oréal leads the world of beauty with 36 global renowned brands such as L’Oreal Paris, Maybelline, Lancôme, Ralph Lauren, Matrix, Redken, Carol’s Daughter, Skinceuticals, Essie, Kiehl’s, YSL, NYX Professional Make Up, Urban Decay, Mizani, etc. With €29.87 billion in annual sales and record operating margin in 2019 at 18.6% of sales. We have a presence in 150 countries, over 497 registered patents, launching over 500 products a year and 3.3% of its consolidated sales invested into its world-wide research facilities, L’Oréal is a technologically advanced company which manufactures and supplies over 4.5 billion units annually to the world.
We are the Accounting team at the L’Oreal Shared Services located in St. Petersburg, FL. We lead the completion of all the critical accounting transactions. We ensure the compliance of our methods and processes, and develop the reports that are used to share our results globally. We are always aiming to reach even greater heights in terms of accuracy and timing, and are looking for exceptional Accounting professionals like you. Opportunity: Come join our dynamic team! We are currently actively looking for a:
SR. SUPERVISOR, MANUFACTURING ACCOUNTING
SHARED SERVICES ACCOUNTING
This Sr. Supervisor position for Manufacturing Accounting provides oversight to the internal controls of all corporate manufacturing accounting transactions for all the L’Oreal North America plants. Including but not limited to: general accounting duties, managing journal entries, GRIR Aging/Remediation, A/R Reconciliation, Fixed Assets validation, Sales of Finished Products, Sales & Use Tax SA, ADHOC Account Analysis, and all activities related to the monthly close, etc. This is fast-paced team managing very complex accounting processes and interacting on a regular basis with their counterparts located thorough out the domestic USA.
The Manufacturing Accounting team is a large team. In order to efficiently manage the available body of work divided among 6 plants as follows:
- New Jersey (Piscataway, and Franklin) plants
- Kentucky plant
- Arkansas plant
- Canada plant
- Virtual plant (Full purchases subcontracting).
- Responsible for specific accounting functions within the Shared Services Center supporting management and the central team
- Prepares journal entries, account analysis, roll forwards and other analysis required for the month-end close
- Prepares results for manager as required
- Assist Manufacturing Accounting Manager in coordinating the month end closing process.
- Supervision of team ensuring that assigned JE’s and Account Analysis are processed / prepared accurately and timely for LUSA and Canada plants.
- Review monthly accounting analysis, JE’s and reconciliations prepared by team
- Assist Manufacturing Accounting Manager in the review of plant and division Balance Sheet books.
- Supervises staff and workload to ensure accuracy and that closings adhere to central team deadlines
- Validates Fixed Asset to ensure proper reporting
- Supervises Manufacturing accounting team to ensure accuracy and that closings adhere to central team deadlines
- Analyzes and reviews of monthly journal entries, activity in balance sheet accounts, monthly consolidated financial statements
- Provides guidance and follow-up for problems, issues, etc. with closing process & analysis
- Review of the monthly reconciliations and analysis activity in balance sheet accounts, monthly consolidated financial statements
- Ensures that staff productivity is monitored and maintained at an acceptable level including that work is completed accurately, procedures are being followed and deadlines are being met.
- Ensures that staff receives developmental training in order to improve their competencies or build strengths.
- Handles issues affecting daily performance, communicating with other departments and outside sources as required to resolve issues. Escalates to management as needed.
- Establishes and maintains positive working relationships with other departments, internal and external customers
- Reviews the balance sheet review books issued by team
- Must have strong people leadership skills and have the ability to manage a large team providing support to a remote organization
- Special projects as required
- Minimum of 5 - 10 years of Accounting/Cost Accounting related work experience required (Manufacturing preferred).
- Bachelor’s Degree in Accounting
- 3+ years in a supervisor level role or equivalent experience
- Must be able to lead, manage, and motivate a diverse professional staff
- SAP experience preferred
- Must be proficient in Microsoft Office, primarily advanced Excel skills
- Support the financial statement month-end close process through timely and effective review of journal entries, reconciliations and managing close deliverables
- Perform and oversee effectiveness for key financial controls
- Must possess strong analytical and problem solving skills; business acumen; leadership skills; oral and written communication skills; and excellent interpersonal skills
- Ability to thrive in a dynamic, fast-paced work environment
- Consumer products company background preferred
- Overtime required for monthly, quarterly and annual reporting deadlines
- Travel to New Jersey and Montreal, Canada may be required (Approx. 5%)
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.