Функция: Отдел операций
Тип занятости: Полный рабочий день
Место расположения: New Jersey - Piscataway
Compile, analyze and report on quality performance data in order to direct and prioritize quality improvement efforts for a specific area of production. Support manufacturing activities by accurately performing analytical chemistry testing (primarily preservatives and active ingredients) in a fast paced environment. Analyze test data and utilize professional judgment to decide on appropriate disposition of material based on specifications and organizational guidelines. Practice and enforce good laboratory practices in the laboratories.
· Coordinate the release and testing of the bulk, raw material, packaging components and finished goods.
· And priority reports and report status on quality incidents, raw material, bulk, packaging components and finished good non-conformances.
· And packaging component conformance.
· Environment and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
· Ability to effectively manage people and act with confidentiality.
· Undertakes all required tests on relevant samples in accordance with L’Oréal specifications and test methods. Use DGO, as a guideline for daily tests and verification of test methods, conduct testing independently
· Ensures relevant traceability paperwork is available and correct (ex. Lab notebooks, Certificate of Analysis, batch reporting, etc.)
· Accepts or blocks deliveries or production in accordance with L’Oréal specifications
· Carries out relevant preparation, titration, calibration and validation on reagents and/or equipment where appropriate, and ability to calculate concentrations for standards and mobile phases
· Leads investigations related to out-of-specification results, communicates on control results and decisions to Laboratory Managers.
· Participates in and perform testing for additional projects as needed (ex. validation studies).
· Performs quality audits of production areas as needed
· Ability to troubleshoot lab instruments
· Bring new ideas and innovations to the lab. Challenge the status quo and implement ideas to improve efficiencies
· Manage assigned projects to completion and to committed deadlines. Projects will primarily be for new instrumentation and installations within the lab; this will require working with teammates and external vendors
· Assigns daily testing in the lab based on priority
· Develop and administer applicable trainings of new test methods and equipment
· Delegate and assign work within laboratory based on the urgent requests and priorities
· Provide technical and instrumental support to all chemists in the lab
· Write SOPs and other procedures, conduct training and assist manager in daily tasks
· Additional responsibilities include housekeeping, organization and other tasks as assigned
· Ensure the lab works in compliance with ISO, DGO, FDA, and GMPs regulations
· Carry out all duties in accordance with Good Laboratory Practices
· Educational or Certification Requirements:
· Bachelor’s degree in Chemistry, Microbiology, or other related science.
· 3-5 years analytical chemistry experience with HPLC, UV-VIS, AA, preferably in cosmetic/consumer products/pharmaceutical manufacturing. Wet chemistry, batch adjustment and microbiology experience preferred
Tools and Equipment Used in Job/Environmental Factors:
· Must wear all proper Personal Protective Equipment (PPE).
· Knowledge of and ability to use relevant laboratory tools and equipment.
· Visual/auditory acuity required to operate equipment and see/hear warning alarms.
· Computer skills, to include experience with spreadsheets, presentations, and database management.
· Experience with SAP a plus.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.