What we’ll do together:
As the 3rd Shift Packaging Supervisor for our Florence, KY Manufacturing plant, you will lead a shift team of L’Oreal employees and (potentially) temporary employees in the efficient and timely execution of packaging processes while respecting all factory policies and best practices.
What your day will look like:
- Oversee daily operations in packaging. Resolve issues in a timely manner regarding component quality, physical or logical moves, safety procedures, AGVs (South only), and all GMP standards.
- Conduct shift start-up meetings to communicate on topics of safety, quality, productivity, etc.
- Develop and train staff to conduct safe, efficient production operations.
- Responsible for reviewing and holding staff accountable for performance. In addition to recognizing superior performance, must also work with staff to improve upon performance weaknesses
- Assign staff to designated areas. Adjust as needed due to production rates and staffing. Work closely with short-term planners.
- Foster and develop a continuous improvement culture.
- Manage record and reporting systems including tracking attendance and working with staff with regards to vacation requests and other absences.
- Conduct housekeeping audits, safety audits, MESUR, etc.
- Provide coverage for other shifts during vacations or in the event of an unplanned absence.
What you’ll need:
- High School Diploma or GED required, Bachelors or technical degree desired.
- 5 years of experience in a manufacturing environment in packaging, warehouse/flows, supply chain management/ logistics, or bulk processing.
- Specific knowledge of the packaging equipment, procedures and people is critical and desired.
- Must be technical-minded with the ability to troubleshoot equipment and product.
- Must work well in a fast-paced environment and be able to manage multiple priorities simultaneously.
- Must demonstrate excellent people management skills including ensuring a strong safety culture and the ability to develop a team of individuals capable of producing extraordinary results.
- Excellent analytical skills and proficiency in Excel, Word, and PowerPoint required.
- Must be able to give and receive innovative, creative, and helpful feedback for team growth and productivity.
- Must be able to interface and communicate effectively within the organization, with business units throughout the company, and with partners across the supply chain.
- Must have excellent communication skills, both written and verbal.
- Must be a strong team player with a firm, personal commitment toward the business and its customers.
- Must value diversity and exhibit a leadership style that empowers, coaches, mentors, and fosters a cohesive team environment.
- Must be successful in managing effective deployment of resources, systems, and personnel to enable achievement of organizational objectives.
- Must demonstrate the L’Oréal competencies including, but not limited to, creative problem solving, decision making, achievement orientation, cultivation of talent, and strong communication skills
Judgment and Decision Making
Decisions made by Supervisor can directly affect Safety, Quality, Delivery, Cost, Environment and Morale. They must make these decisions with only intermittent involvement from Supervision based on the knowledge gained from their trainings.
- Safety: Fully supports an interdependent safety culture and works proactively to accomplish the safety mission in the plant of Zero Accidents. Fully supports and contributes to SIO program, safety training and reporting, and safety improvement implementation.
- Quality: Supports and embraces the quality mission of the plant.
- Delivery: Meets the production demands to ensure our customers receive our products on time.
- Cost: Operation of the supervisor activities according to the standards ensure that cost to produce are aligned with the financials including indirect spending budget as well as headcount
- Environment: Supports and embraces the environmental mission of the plant.
- Morale: Must be an actively engaged employee exhibiting a positive attitude and a focus on teamwork to achieve best in class results.
- Essential Physical Requirements
- Forklift certification (L’Oréal will provide training).
- Occasional lifting up to 40lbs.
- Must be able to climb stairs frequently.
- Continuous movement throughout the production and warehouse areas
Responsible for PO issuance and tracking for departmental spending as well as adherence to the budget.
- Must demonstrate 100% responsibility and support the SMART / simplicity initiatives
- Must have a technical aptitude with a willingness to learn new operations / technologies
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork, selflessly developing and training others for success
- Must have a positive attitude and be open to new ideas and concepts
- Must thrive within a changing organization requiring the need to multi-task
- Must listen for understanding and communicate using the Who, What, When, Where and How model
- Must resolve conflicts directly and be committed to team decisions
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
Learn about L’Oreal for the Future- our commitment to sustainability https://youtu.be/Dq_fFzUqwSY
Innovation has fueled L'Oréal’s business for more than 100 years and we will rely on our culture of innovation and entrepreneurship to help us continually evolve. L'Oréal’s dynamic culture provides its employees with entrepreneurial freedom and opportunities to drive transformation across its €29.87B business, encompassing over 35 brands, around the globe. In the US, we have 12,000 employees working collaboratively across 14 states to build leading edge technologies, launch highly personalized products, reimagine consumer experiences, and develop creative solutions to reduce our environmental footprint.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered. #DDIR