Responsible for ensuring the second shift operations of the business including receiving, replenishment, picking and shipping orders, documents and functions are completed accurately and on time to meet customer demands while exercising discretion and independent judgment with respect to matters of significance to the overall distribution operation. Strong management skills with the proven ability to motivate, energize and create a cohesive team of employees in a distribution center.
- Required: BA/BS Degree Supply Chain or Engineering Preferred
- Required: Intermediate level Computer skills: Microsoft Excel, Word and Outlook
- Required: 2-3 years of supervisory experience in a distribution operation
- Preferred: ability to deliver presentations to a varied audience
- Preferred: SAP, WMS, WCS and/or TMS systems experience
- Preferred: Knowledge of Lean Manufacturing
- Preferred: License to drive Forklift
Judgment: Supervision will be moderate. Judgment and decision making will be moderate depending on the situation.
Physical Requirements: Able to bend, twist and lift up to 35lbs
Duties and Responsibilities:
- Oversee warehouse operations that could include warehousing or picking and shipping of customer orders.
- Analyze inventory, labor, productivity reports etc to plan fulfillment, receiving, shipping or warehousing activities.
- Plan and disseminate work load according to customer orders to team
- Establish and maintain professional business relationships with internal and external customers including: Inventory Management, Transportation, Customer Service, etc
- Control and reconcile all DC inventory cycle counts
- Highlight all quality issues to DC Director and propose solutions
- Ensure the general daily flow of the Distribution operation maintaining documented goals of safety, productivity, quality, shipping and warehouse standards as set by L’Oreal
- Oversee and manage the daily picking for customer orders / waves
- Oversee waving and shipping document creation for outgoing shipments
- Coach, motivate and provide direction to existing distribution staff to ensure facility success
- Actively participate in warehouse improvement projects.
- Labor Management
- Supervise fulltime MMS employees, Team Leads, and temporary workforce
- Responsible for providing guidance, direction, development of staff and creating a cohesive accountable team
- Responsible for ongoing coaching and delivering performance management discussions in accordance with L’Oreal guidelines
- Be the role model and comply with OSHA and L’Oreal SHE standards
- Ensure staff is trained, understands and complies with all Safety and Quality standards.
- Strong analytical skills, functional (transactional) knowledge, calculated decision making abilities, and multi-tasking capability
- Ability to adapt appropriately to competing demands and shifting priorities
- Acts with human sensitivity: Demonstrates respect, develops others, and enriches team dynamics
· Commitment to CPD Operations Values: Trust and Trustworthiness, Respect, Teamwork, Innovation, Accountability
- Interacts effectively: Listens and communicates effectively
- Displays sensitivity to the “Metier” of L’Oreal: Focuses on quality
- Demonstrates entrepreneurship: Takes initiative , Improves performance, and develops a vision
- Achieves results with integrity: Conveys energy, acts with integrity, and focuses on results.
- Innovates: Imagines creative solutions and promotes team creativity
- Manages complexity: Reasons from multiple perspectives and makes decisions
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.