St. Petersburg, Florida
Technical Support Specialist, SalonCentric POS
Information Systems, L'Oreal USA, Digital IT
Brick and mortar retail has taken on a profound and increased strategic importance to L’Oréal Americas. We seek a technical support specialist to support the roll-out and production environment of a new point-of-sale (POS) platform to support the SalonCentric retail stores for L’Oréal USA. This person will work with the VP Retail IT to ensure the application is configured and deployed correctly per the requirements outlined by the business team and the system SLAs are being met. This person will be responsible for the system monitoring, upgrades, in support of the POS application. Additionally, this role will work with IT infrastructure, Applications, and Data teams to ensure a world class customer experience is being met.
We seek an experienced and strong technical team member to identify retail capabilities through relationships with the business teams as well as keeping current with best-in-class retail designs.
- Understand and document the business and IT requirements to support the development and roll-out of the new POS, SAP CAR (Customer Activity Repository) and SAP OPP (Omnichannel Promotional Pricing) applications for the SalonCentric retail stores.
- Understand the functionality of the GK Software POS solution; SAP CAR & OPP applications and how it impacts current and future business processes.
- Communicate and document the business requirements GK POS will need to interface with to ensure all upstream and downstream applications are meeting the deployment timelines. Monitor all applications, processes and interfaces are running to maintain a flawless customer experience within the Omni Channel
- Anticipate, understand and collect strategic business needs to ensure systems run effectively during retail business hours.
- Work with interfacing IT systems to ensure maintenance schedules are understood and coordinated with the retail operations teams so that there is minimal impact on the retail stores.
- Understand, challenge and formalize business requirements and supervise mediation to land at achievable projects that drive business results
- Develop the system design for the new applications to support the outlined business requirements. Steer the build activities and manage all IT projects that affect the retail stores to deliver on quality, content, cost and deadlines. Make sure each project contributes to our Customer Data strategy by harvesting all possible data.
- Guarantee the operational efficiency and Service Level Agreements of the applications running under the retail domain and manage all necessary evolutions, escalation and communications to implementation.
- Manage all relations within his/her domain (IT/business/third parties/vendors).
The Technical Support Specialist owns the relationship between the Business and IT Departments and will partner to transform the business needs into IT deliverables
- Strong partnership with the retail store operations team
- Deep relationship with IT application leads
- Be a participant in all consumer facing initiatives that may have an effect on our retail customer
- Lead and manage all necessary committees with internal business clients and IT departments.
- Co-lead key IT projects for the team together with other IT organizations (Infrastructure, Architecture, etc.) to ensure project requirements are being developed and tested for production.
- Manage the right level of service quality through challenging IT services providers.
- Outstanding written and verbal communication skills
- Understands GK POS technology and understands how to trouble shoot the application
- Strong team player
- Strong vendor management skills
- Minimum 5 years of IT experience; Retail industry experience strongly preferred
- Bachelors degree in Computer Science, Information Technology or other technical discipline
- Knowledge of GK-Software POS or other Retail application suite strongly preferred
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status. If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.