To perform testing, analysis and disposition of bulk, components, work in process (WIP) and finished goods in support of production and release of cosmetic products.
Educational, Mental, or Certification Requirements
- High school diploma or GED equivalency required;
- Good Management, organizational, and communication skills;
- Must have computer skills and proficiency in Excel and Word;
- Must have good English verbal and written skills;
- Basic mathematical skills of addition, subtraction, multiplication, and division are essential in completing the job requirements of this position;
- Must have strong attention to details.
General Job Duties
Responsibilities are not limited to the below listing:
- Supports the Unit of Production (UP), regarding the quality control testing of packaging components, bulk and finished goods;
- Works with the UP, Logistics, and others as necessary;
- Perform quality control testing according to the L’Oreal DGO methods;
- Responsible for quality control testing and release of components, bulk, WIP, and finished goods;
- Work with the UP to resolve production related issues;
- Responsible for safe practices in the laboratory;
- Responsible for taking part in SHAP assessments;
- Issues rejects on non-conforming lots;
- Testing and release of bulk;
- Performing line audits in the UP;
- Responsible for verification of lab equipment;
- Complete paperwork and computer work;
- Perform other duties as directed.
- Good knowledge of GMP/ISO requirements.
- Actively engaged in safety programs (MESURE, ISO, etc.)
- Perform routine audits to ensure eompliance with ISO/GMP/DGO regulations
Tools and Equipment Used In Job
- Computer, torque meter, scale, vacuum oven, Jacomex, calipers, vision system, optical comparator, chatillon, and other laboratory equipment as required.
- Machinery may produce noise levels that exceed OSHA’s action level: Employees are provided with and are required to wear personal hearing protection devices in these areas;
- Employees are required to wear steel-toed shoes.
- Be self motivated and work independently and as a team member, and use adequate organizational and time management skills;
- Communicate effectively and build positive work relationships with other employees and management;
- Work flexible hours/shifts, including overtime;
- Maintain a safe work environment and follow all safety procedures;
- Must produce World Class Results through teamwork;
- Must selflessly develop others;
- Must thrive within a changing organization;
- Efficiently produce quality cosmetics in the right quality at the right time for L’Oreal USA customers;
- Must create and provide an environment in which employees can work safely and thrive;
- Must act as a responsible citizen in our company and community;
- Must manage the plant’s assets to maximize our stockholders return;
- Must demonstrate a 100% responsibility and not make excuses or cast blame;
- Must implement and utilize the NLR L’Oreal USA communication model;
- Resolve conflicts directly;
- Must listen for understanding;
- Must have a positive attitude;
- Must be committed to team decisions.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.