Position Title: Scientific Laboratory Technician, Make up Métier
Position Location: Clark, NJ
Job Summary: The lab technician is responsible for carrying out sampling, measuring, and recording of results as part of a scientific team. The technician is responsible to provide all the required technical support to enable the laboratory to function effectively, while adhering to correct procedures and health and safety guidelines.
KEY JOB ACCOUNTABILITES
- Carrying out routine tasks accurately and following strict methodologies to carry out measurements
- Operating and maintaining standard laboratory equipment, i.e., centrifuges, microscope, pH meters, rheometers etc.
- Batching of various technologies
- Performing routine tests on products such as measuring pH, specific gravity, viscosity, stability testing, as well as sensory testing of color, odor, appearance and texture.
- Keeping track of comprehensive and accurate test results and presenting to senior colleagues
- Assisting in routine activities related to product development, i.e., filling and labeling samples
- Working upon multiple development topics and projects as required
- Under minimal supervision, completes tasks as directed.
- Associate degree in science required, Bachelors preferred
- Maximum of 3 years of experience
- The ability to learn specific, practical techniques and apply this knowledge to solve technical problems.
- The ability to use technical equipment with accuracy
- The ability to maintain and calibrate technical equipment
- Proficiency with MS Word, Excel and PowerPoint
- Time management and organizational skills in order to work on several different projects at the same time
- Flexibility in order to work with and provide support for number of people
- Attention to detail
- Excellent communication skills in order to work effectively with colleagues inside the Metier
- Candidate should be self-motivated, team player and demonstrate ethical values.
- Identifying trends an advantage.
- Must be authorized to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.