Based: Hammersmith, London
Duration: 1 Year
Start Dates: Monday 4th July 2022
Application Deadlines: 28th January 2022 however roles are filled on a rolling basis
Annual Salary: £20,500 per annum
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome, and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities, and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.
The Sustainability Intern will be responsible for supporting the UK & I Sustainability Director in delivering on the country L4TF targets, whilst being accountable for the maintenance of key social sustainability strategies, delivery of circular economy pilot projects and empowerment of the UKI L4TF community through various communication responsibilities.
They will be working across divisions and functions to simplifying and harmonising social sustainability strategies, whilst strengthening relations with external stakeholders and charity partners.
SUPPORT THE DELIVERY OF L’OREAL FOR THE FUTURE
- Support the implementation of the Group’s L’Oreal for the Future programme in the UK and Ireland, working in close partnership with colleagues across the business to ensure we achieve our commitments on all three pillars:
- Drive Internal Transformation
- Catalyse Ecosystem Change
- Transform Beauty Routines
- For instance: be involved in the development of circular economy pilot projects and contribute to No Waste commitments or conduct research on packaging take-back schemes.
SIMPLIFY & HARMONISE
- Support in the animation of the local sustainability leadership team and relevant task-forces and working groups through general administrative support
- Connect with internal stakeholders to harmonise and clarify key social sustainability strategies
- Support the design of internal sustainability policies and procedures that factor in Group guidance and market existing practises.
EMPOWER OUR PEOPLE
- Support the sustainability team in planning internal events and celebrations
- Increase communication of L4TF through maintenance of the My Hub, Teams & content for weekly My Week newsletters
- Increase engagement with employee charity engagement schemes such as match-funding & volunteering opportunities by simplifying process and communicating resources
- Collaborate with the Next Gen Committee to encourage L4TF engagement within the Apprentice & Intern cohort. E.g. – Planning events, communicating strategy, and developing opportunities to get involved
- Liaise with the Learning team to organise and facilitate key upskilling opportunities for staff including the organising of off-site visits.
- Support in the compilation of the UK&I annual sustainability report
- Capture sustainability case-studies and success stories as and when required
- Work cross divisionally to maintain a database of sustainable innovations within the business.
INCREASE REPUTATION & SOCIAL VALUE
- Maintain and build warm relations with key Corporate Charity Partners
- Maintain the charity engagement inbox to provide centralised space for guidance and communication of Philanthropy
- Maintain charity donation platforms (e.g. Globechain) by facilitating regular donations and collaboration activities with a range of NGOs and community partners
- Conduct due diligence checks of potential NGO partners for a range of charitable activities (e.g. brand causes, product and financial donations, volunteering opportunities)
- Explore avenues to develop community projects and partnerships
- Delivery of sustainability projects linked to priority commitments
- Events and training planning support
- Due diligence checks of new NGO partners
- Maintenance of employee charity engagement applications, of product and item donations platforms (Globechain, Thrive) and of Sustainability Teams and My Hub channels
- Passion for environmental and social sustainability
- Organisational skills to deliver on projects alongside everyday responsibilities
- Integration into a range of project teams with employees from different divisions and functions
- Attention to detail
- Research and analysis
- Ability to communicate on sustainability and CSR effectively
- Eligible to work in the UK
- In your second year at University on a course which enables you to take an Industrial Placement Year (unfortunately if you are graduated you are not eligible).
Once you click “apply” you will be asked some questions to check you are eligible for this role. These will be questions around your current situation, whether you’re happy with the salary, location etc.
If you are eligible to apply you will then be sent a link via email to a Competency Assessment. In this we would like you to answer three competency questions, two written and one via video. Although there is no time limit on this, the quicker you get it finished the quicker we can continue to move you through the process! The video element of the assessment is translated into a text and scored, so please don’t worry what you look like, just worry about what you’re saying!
If you have met our benchmark, we will then send you some cognitive tests to complete. These will be sent via an email link and will give us a great idea on your numerical ability as well as testing you in a few other areas. Remember practise makes perfect so make sure you’re prepared when you give these a go!
We will then do a final review of your entire application and if successful, invite you to an Assessment Centre. Please be patient with us, sometimes it can take a few weeks before your application gets reviewed.
Our Assessment Centres this year will all be completely virtual; they will be running from when applications open until the roles are filled. These Assessment Centres are specific to function, so please be patient if you don’t get invited straight away – it might just be because your function’s Assessment Centre date isn’t until later-on in the recruitment period!
Please note, if you apply for more than one role you will be put forward for the one, we deem most suitable for you. If you have a strong preference, please only apply to that one role to ensure you are considered for the correct role.