AVP/VP – Learning for Transformation: Organization Development
L'Oréal USA is the largest subsidiary of the L'Oréal Group, the world’s leading beauty company. L’Oréal USA manages a portfolio of
more than 30 iconic beauty brands, including Garnier, Giorgio Armani Beauty, Kérastase, Lancôme, La Roche-Posay, L’Oréal Paris
and Yves Saint Laurent Beauté. L’Oréal USA also serves as the international hub for the product development and marketing strategy
for L’Oréal’s 16 American brands: Baxter of California, Carol’s Daughter, Clarisonic, Dermablend, Essie, IT Cosmetics, Kiehl’s, Matrix,
Maybelline New York, Mizani, NYX, Ralph Lauren Fragrances, Redken, Softsheen-Carson, SkinCeuticals and Urban Decay.
Generating more than $6 billion in sales annually, L’Oréal USA is committed to growth through sustainable innovation, driven by the
company’s Sharing Beauty with All ambition for sustainable development across the Group’s value chain. The company is
headquartered in New York City, employs more than 10,000 people, and operates administrative, research, manufacturing and
distribution facilities across 13 states, including Arkansas, California, Florida, Kentucky, New Jersey, Ohio, Texas and Washington.
Job Summary: Reporting directly to and working closely with the Organization Development Lead, this person will play a pivotal role in accelerating the Simplicity transformation in the US as well as advising on all large scale transformations at L’Oreal USA. The AVP/VP – Learning for Transformation, Organization Development is responsible for designing and implementing initiatives to enable the people side of large scale change at L’Oreal USA, specifically with respect to Simplicity. In addition, this person is responsible for developing and maintaining the Coach/Consultant program at L’Oreal USA, which is the network of external partners who support our leadership development and organization development efforts.
Key Job Accountabilities & Goals:
- Design and implement initiatives to accelerate Simplicity transformation.
- Liaise closely with the PMO for Simplicity, co-design (with Head of OD) large scale programs to address issues raised in the Simplicity, PULSE and other sources of employee feedback data
- Implement large scale change programs including, designing train the trainers for HR and other populations, design and facilitate workshops and accompanying materials
- Create tracking system to monitor and assess change initiatives
- Speak on behalf of Simplicity and other transformational topics as required at Champions quarterly events, Town Halls, Career Days, etc…
- Consult on Leadership Development and training programs, specifically, Lead and Enable and other programs linked to L’Oreal wide transformation efforts
- Provide Executive Committee members, outside of Strategic Committee, with Senior Team Development support, following the Team Development Roadmap.
- Develop and maintain the Coach/Consultant program
- Source and assess qualified coaches for senior leaders and OD consultants
- Advise internally on coach recommendations, coaching process and OD consultant recommendations and process
- Provide yearly development for coaches/consultants
- Work with procurement to ensure that pricing is consistent
- Oversee coach/OD consultant engagements with L’Oreal USA
- Build internal capacity for Organization Development practice through partnership with HR and mentorship, teaching and guidance of internal change agents.
- Maintain a connection with 3 – 4 functional/divisional change agents, offering weekly guidance, advice and a degree of oversight.
- Closely involve/co-design all interventions with appropriate HR partners
Minimum 7 years work experience in large, complex organization (global, matrix preferred)
Minimum 5 years experience facilitation
Masters in organization development, organization psychology, organization behavior, or organization design preferred
Coaching certification a plus
Conflict resolution/management certification a plus
Must be comfortable facilitating groups, including managing conflict
Must be comfortable/effective at speaking to large and small groups
Must have: excellent interpersonal skills, excellent listening skills, ability/patience to teach/mentor others
Willing to engage in continuous personal and professional development
Willing to engage in details/administrative side of job, as well as big picture/strategic side of job
Excellent teamwork skills, including willingness to pitch in as necessary
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email USApplicationAccommodation@support.lorealusa.com
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.