Section 1: General Information
Job Title: National Makeup Artist and Trainer
Function: Sales / Education
FLSA status: Exempt
Supervisor Title: Director, Education
Location: Field Force/Remote
Section 2: Job Summary (limit your description to one paragraph):
The National Makeup Artist and Trainer serves as the ultimate Valentino Brand Ambassador, delivering makeup artistry and elevated client service across makeup and fragrance. With a sharp consumer-centric mindset, this role is vital in enhancing the online and offline client experience with highly exciting makeup artistry events designed to educate customers on the latest makeup tips and techniques and generate incremental retail sales. Execution of best in class trainings to certify BA’s in artistry skills, product knowledge, and service to ensure an exceptional client experience.
Section 3: Job Requirements (Minimum number years of experience, skills, certification and academic background required to perform this job):
1. Minimum of 5+ years professional experience as a makeup artist and educator
2. Exceptional artistry & makeup application skills
3. Self-motivated, results oriented, strategic & creative mindset, collaborative leadership
4. Exceptional verbal & written communication, presentation, public speaking, & media skills
5. Proficient knowledge and awareness of beauty industry, market and competitive trends
6. Best-in-class selling and negotiation skills
7. Track record of effective working relationships across levels: brand leadership, retailers, BAs, and clients
8. Strong social media presence and expertise with established following
9. Knowledge of computer programs – Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Teams)
10. Must be able to travel extensively (85%)
Section 4: Judgment and Decision Making (Describe the nature and impact of decisions required for this position as well as the type of supervision required for this position from the following; Close, Moderate, Intermittent, None):
This position must be a self-starter who is able to manage projects, schedule and full role responsibilities with intermittent supervision. Must be able to successfully collaborate with cross-functional partners and key stakeholders from L’oreal field, US headquarters and global teams.
Section 5: Essential Physical Requirements (if applicable – i.e. lifting – exactly how much, bending, climbing, driving equipment):
Ability to lift and carry 25 pounds
Section 6: Financial Scope (if applicable):
Annual Budget Responsibility: personal T&E budget
Annual Revenue Responsibility: varies by event and location
Section 7: Essential Duties and Responsibilities:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary duties/responsibilities of the job. Please list these duties in order of importance and include the percentage of time spent or required for each activity.
Tasks, Duties & Responsibilities
% of time spent.
Total should = 100%
Generate incremental retail sales and brand awareness through the successful execution of virtual and in-store events, consultations, and masterclasses with retail and PR partners.
- Professionally represent the brand image of quality and excellence at all times.
- Deliver brand message, artistry, and best-in-class client service across makeup and fragrance.
- Energize event teams, store management, and other partners to maximize results.
- Adjust effectively to varied work situations and account needs, demonstrating sound leadership, consistent enthusiasm, and professional maturity.
- Partner with ICC to utilize social media with steady postings, to reach new & existing clients to help build brand sales, awareness, loyalty, and engagement; engage and educate press/influencers/makeup artists on Valentino product, artistry, and innovation.
- Proactively partner with field leadership to anticipate potential wins & challenges re: appointments, client profiles, business goals, stock, and competitive activities.
- Recap and debrief stakeholders by submitting comprehensive and timely feedback based on established KPIs.
Drive BA and retailer engagement via exceptional training content and delivery
- Understand coaching needs of brand and retailer BA population and co-develop meaningful training content across all axes, in line with global and brand standards.
- Train and coach BA’s and Regional Selling Specialists on product knowledge, selling, and service to elevate the client experience and achieve sales goals.
- Certify selling/artistry skills. Recommend opportunities to improve Regional artists and BA service and skills. Train new Account Executives and field teams where applicable.
- Lead by example to reinforce use of the tools and techniques for hygiene, link/ cross selling, and customer service.
Social presence and engagement
- Drive BA and client engagement via maintenance of professional social media account, in alignment with local needs and brand direction.
- Ensure all social activity is aligned with Valentiono global vision and brand ethos at all times.
- Demonstrated proficiency in authoring, shooting, editing, and delivering relevant social assets that resonate with Valentino’s target consumer & strategic objectives.
Section 8: Required Competencies:
Briefly describe 5-8 primary competencies that are core requirements for this position, in order of importance. Different from job responsibilities, these are “soft skills” that are required for success. Please refer to the L’Oreal USA MAP competencies. Examples include managing complexity, interacts effectively, innovates, etc.
1. Acts/Leads with Human Sensitivity
Demonstrates respect, develops others, enriches team dynamics
2. Interacts Effectively
Listens and communicates effectively, actively networks
3. Manages Complexity
Reasons from multiple perspectives, makes decisions
4. Achieves Results with Integrity
Conveys energy, focuses on results, acts with integrity
Shows curiosity, imagines creative solutions, promotes team creativity
6. Demonstrates Entrepreneurship
Takes initiative, focuses on customers, improves business performance, develops a vision
7. Displays Sensitivity to the “Métier” of L’Oreal
Focuses on quality, builds knowledge of the beauty business, understands beauty
Please note: This job description does not list all duties of the job. Employees may be asked by management to perform other duties. The employer has the right to revise this job description at any time.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.