For more than one hundred years, L’Oréal has believed that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 4000 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
The digitization of innovation and how we work has never been more important to L’Oréal. In our North America Research & Innovation function we are on a path to change the way we work through placing data, an invaluable R&I asset, at the heart of the innovation process, and putting digital (algorithms, artificial intelligence, custom applications, etc.) and technology (robotic systems, devices, IoT, etc.) at the heart of the process at the service of knowledge, science and R&I teams. We refer to the digital transformation at the service of each R&I employee as “Augmented Researchers” and we refer to the digital transformation for our consumers as “Augmented Beauty.”
Today, we are searching for a highly motivated, digital expert who is a change agent with a proven track record in leading digital transformation to lead us in this exciting, impactful and strategic transformation!
Within the R&I North America Leadership Team, you will be in charge of the Digital Transformation of the entity through three main pillars: Data, Digital and Change Management. Some of the key responsibilities will include:
- Build the digital strategic vision (data, tools, ways of working) covering all R&I NA missions embedded within the entity’s its internal and external ecosystem
- Set and implement digital strategy by working with cross-functional partners locally and globally to map and transition traditional processes to digital ones
- Co-create the 3-5 year Data and Digital roadmaps, aligned with the R&I and Group objectives as well as the Hub priorities
- Ensure that all relevant digital initiatives are fully integrated into the strategic-planning process for leadership commitment, resource allocation and execution
- Lead the change management actions in order to accompany the implementation of the defined roadmaps, within the Hub and at the interfaces with partners within the Group.
- Facilitate the upskilling of all teams on Data and Digital
- Be a digital champion, championing the use of digital technology and practices to engender a digital mindset from the top down and ensure user buy-in and engagement
- Ensure collaboration, knowledge sharing, and digital best practices between partners and colleagues to help embed a robust digital ecosystem
- Work with teams across the business to generate innovative digital solutions for products, services, processes, customer experiences, marketing channels, and business models
- Measure ROI on digital projects, fine-tuning approaches as needed to ensure we're investing in the right tools and resources
- Identifying new tools that can support, enhance and improve our solutions
In your previous experiences you already have:
- Minimum of 10 years of experience in a similar role designing and launching digital roadmaps, tools, technology and platforms and have carried out digital transformations in companies, entities or specific projects, ideally with a targeted shift in the ways of working
- Experience in assessing the components needed for the successful growth and scaling of a project, including financial projects, scaling and operational costs, anticipated resource requirements, and alignment to organizational strategy and product portfolios
- 5+ years experience in large corporations, ideally in the pharmaceutical, cosmetics, agri-food or technology industries as well as in regulated digital environments
- An appetite for science and a good understanding of current scientific and research issues
- Ability to translate consumer needs into actionable innovation projects with tangible results
- Ability to make strategic decisions and mitigate risk in order to produce timely, high-quality deliverables
- Experience in working on multiple projects simultaneously
- Strong interpersonal skills and ability to work with and influence stakeholders to determine business strategy as well as develop and execute ideas, while maintaining collaborative working relationships
- Strong verbal and written communication skills
- Experience leading people and the ability to manage a digital/IT team
- Bachelor’s Degree in Information Technology, Computer Science, Business or other related function required
- MBA or other Graduate Level Degree related to business, information technology, digital or science functions
- Experience leading digital change in the beauty industry is highly desirable
- French language skills are a plus
- An Innovator: showing curiosity and challenging the status quo
- A Strategist: building a shared vision and strategic frame
- An Entrepreneur: taking initiative with courage and transparency
- An Integrator: listening, communicating and networking effectively.
- A People Developer: Taking charge of your team and your development and fostering a learning culture
To carry out this mission we are looking for:
- A Digital strategist with a good understanding of Data Management
- An ability to work in a cross-functional and multi-disciplinary way in a complex environment
- An innovative and disruptive mindset, constantly looking forward
- A scientific background with a good understanding of tech or a tech background with a good understanding of sciences; and able to translate scientific issues into technical reality
- This role will report directly to Head of R&I North America and is a member of the R&I NA and LUSA Leadership Committees.
- Functionally, this role will report to the Global Head of Digital Transformation and is a member of their Leadership Committee.
- This role will lead our local R&I Information Technology team of 6 full time employees.
Close collaboration with:
- All US R&I functions and leadership
- R&I global Digital Transformation teams
- Local & Global Business/Brand Leads
- All external partners related to responsibilities above
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.