Ecommerce Category Insights Director - 12 month fixed term contract
When you look at L’Oréal, what do you see? If all you see is lipstick, look again and experience the Freedom to go Beyond the ordinary. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal. We operate in 150 countries on 5 continents. With 36 international brands and 86,000 employees worldwide, we’re well on our way to fulfilling our common purpose: to create beauty that moves the world.
By 2030 we want to capture over another 1 billion consumers around the world. How? By creating cosmetic products which meet the infinite diversity of consumers beauty needs and desires, and always through digital innovation. Not only that, but taking our sustainability goals seriously; moving us to a more inclusive and sustainable society, for every generation.
Our brands, dynamic culture, and always being our own challenger mean that we offer freedom and opportunity you won’t get anywhere else.
If you want the Freedom to go Beyond, we’ll see you at L’Oréal.
Key Responsibilities for the Ecommerce Category Insights Director:
Sitting within our Corporate Division you will be the one source of truth for eCommerce sell out for the total LUKI business all divisions.
Support the central teams and divisions with data and insight to define strategy and activations and drive growth in the ecommerce channel.
Provide thought leadership in areas of digital commerce and share and collaborate knowledge across divisions.
1. Market share performance reporting and projections for the eCom channel
2. Data accuracy and accountability
3. Retailer data and other 3rd party data
4. Custom research working closely with CMI
5. Support multi division T2T preparation and insights
6. e-Community content
Provide market share performance reporting for the eCom channel by preparing business insights and intelligence.
Champion Data Accuracy and Accountability.
• Work with the central CDMO data teams on the accurate and timely ingestion of sell out data from retailers, governance and compliance.
• Optimise existing data sources and dashboards, as well as identify data gaps/ new data sources to build a better view of performance for the LUKI business.
• Work with Europe zone to provide sell out and market data for eCommerce for the global ecommerce team.
Support with acquisition and Management of 3rd party data including Retailer Data through the following:
• MMI – RGM – manage the central contract for the RGM pricing and promo tool for the business.
• THG data packs – manage, update, and log issues with data packs from THG – this is a pack we pay for which provides insights and critical share data for the business, it needs to be continually updated based on business needs and managed from an accuracy perspective to ensure we are always looking at the correct numbers.
• Boots retailer data - working closely with the implant at Boots on Boots category data shared weekly to understand performance of their categories and total beauty business online. Data accuracy and updates required as and when.
• Prepare, share and interpret regular insights with the business across various sources:
o Quarterly business updates for top 3 retailers and performance in the market
o E-shopper data and understanding of shopper behaviour and consumer journeys
o Traffic data from similar web shared monthly
o Ad-hoc event performance reporting and insights e.g. Prime Day, Black Friday
o D2C monthly performance reporting
o Fox intelligence reporting
The right Ecommerce Category Insights Director will
• have experience in the insights, data and ecommerce channel.
• Be data driven with online analytics experience and a bias for action.
• Lead continuous insight development to seek opportunities for L'Oréal in the ecommerce channel.
• Build relationships and work across the complex structure of being multidivisional.
• Champion a data a culture, and continually seek to improve our access to data from retailers and other sources and the timely correct reporting on performance.
• Be curious about the online channel and share trends that will impact the market and the L'Oréal business.
Ambition: You anticipate, think and dream big, demonstrating a high level of aspiration. You are self-driven and show proactivity, especially when seeing problems as challenges. You thrive for exceptional performance.
Judgement: You can balance operational and strategic thinking, challenging the status quo and managing confrontation effectively. You cut quickly through complexity and ambiguity whilst also thinking sustainably and are future-oriented. You reduce complexity to get things done.
Resilience: You always demonstrate purpose and ownership mindset but manage your own energy well. You uphold positivity for others and persist, bouncing back when faced with obstacles. You step back at times and accept limits.
Empathy: You cooperate and network effectively, creating genuine and trustful relationships with diverse people. You are sensitive to beauty and related emotions, always supporting others and showing benevolence. You understand and respect others’ feelings and motives.
Learning Agility: You are a self-motivated learner, showing self-awareness and demonstrating openness and curiosity. You experiment and learn from mistakes and past experiences, always showing courage and stepping out of your comfort zone. You support the development of a learning culture.
We put people development and learning at the heart of our business; we’ll help you master your role, develop your technical expertise and you’ll benefit from exceptional management and leadership programmes. From face-to-face workshops to our global online learning resources, you’re actively encouraged to embed learning into your daily life and are rewarded for continuous improvement. Don’t forget that every employee gets 3 Coursera credits; that means you can get qualifications from over 1000 universities from around the world, with thousands of courses to choose from.
Looking for a good work/life balance? With our new hybrid working scheme, you can take a flexible approach to work as well as benefit from early finishes on Fridays during the summer...so you can enjoy more time with your friends and family.
As any great employer should do, we make sure we look after your financial wellbeing. That’s why we have a great pension plan, profit share scheme and many more incentives to give you the security you deserve. We also put employee health and wellbeing at the front of everything we do; fully training employees as mental health ambassadors to support and educate ourselves further. There’s also the chance to enrol in medical and dental insurance, gym discounts, health check-ups and even yoga and Pilates classes to employees in all of our locations.
Oh, did we mention that as an employee you also get discount sales of up to 70% off throughout the year on our 36 brands? Plus, you also get the option to share that in our Friends and Family sales as well!
How we recruit
At L’Oréal, we take pride in creating a diverse, equitable and inclusive environment where everyone is welcome and their contributions are valued. When we recruit, hire, train, promote or engage in any other employment practice, we are committed to being an inclusive employer regardless of race, religion, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, age, socioeconomic status, medical condition or disability, or any other protected status. When we look for talent, we welcome difference - different backgrounds, experiences, personalities and perspectives. The beauty we find in our differences gives us the freedom to go beyond. That’s the beauty of L’Oréal.