Job Title Assistant Vice President, Divisions System Officer (DSO)
Division: L'Oreal IT
Location: Hudson Yards, NYC
Reports To: L'Oreal USA CIO
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal, our IT teams design and build solutions to ensure high performance for all our business sectors by imagining new ways of doing things, from designing websites to building algorithms and predicting new trends. They can be found leading teams towards a more connected and digitalized future in IT retail, e-commerce, CRM, data, AI, cybersecurity, Cloud and E-Marketing. You never stop learning at L'Oréal IT because things change at the speed of light! Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Do:
The role of a Division Systems Officer (DSO) is to act as a liaison between the Loreal Luxe Division and the Information Technology (IT) team. The DSO represents the division's interests within IT and works to ensure that the division's current and future business needs are reflected in IT strategies, developments, and plans. The DSO serves as a strategic IT partner and advisor to the division's management team and communicates the value generated by IT projects and programs. Additionally, the DSO monitors market trends, competition activities to drive process / tech change in the organization. While doing so align best practices with other divisions within USA and global stakeholders. The role requires influence over both business and IT management and involves setting expectations and addressing escalations. This role reports to the Country CIO and it’s a leadership role driving culture change, mentoring employees, and energizing cross functional team to work together on key strategic initiatives.
Strategy & Roadmap Definition:
- Engage business and IT leaders at L'Oréal USA, Division and Brands level to define requirements, priorities and ensure alignment with business vision and key strategies of the Division.
- Ensure Business vision within IT corporate organization, in order to guarantee business value creation
- Develop IT master plan and translate it into an annual plan with milestones and IT budget
- Develop business cases to relevant stakeholders addressing political, financial, and organizational interests
- Define 3 years roadmap & programs to meet current and future needs of the Division
- Ensure alignment of Division’s vision, processes and capabilities with L'Oréal USA Application Strategy and architecture principles
- Keep abreast of the emerging trends and technologies, evaluate their business value, applicability and utility to the business
- Drive the adoption of internal and external best practices and innovation opportunities
Division Architecture Blueprint:
- Partner with the Enterprise Architecture team to develop the overall architecture roadmap to deliver the future state for the Division
- Own and maintain the capability and solution maps across all brands and functions within the Division
- Pro-actively manage the application portfolio and ensure standardization and consolidation of applications towards common solutions and platforms
- Ensure technology watch to identify new trends and opportunities in collaboration with Enterprise Architecture and Innovation teams
Demand Management & Governance:
- Act as a proactive business partner: actively listen to internal/ external customers, articulates and clarifies /translate their needs into IT implications and evaluate and challenge the customers’ demands to ensure alignment with the defined strategy
- Actively shape, review, plan, and prioritize Business demand for IT across the brands in the Division
- Own and manage the overall financial investment plan for the Division and ensure value creation for the business
- Own and Facilitate the IT/Business global governance
- Ensure timely communication to relevant stakeholders in the business and IT communities.
Service Performance Supervision:
- Pro-actively manage business expectations and monitor their customer satisfaction levels through relevant service metrics
- Lead service improvement initiatives ensuring the continuous improvement of end to end service and customer satisfaction
- Benchmark costs/prices/performance with external market and across the different entities of the group
- Communicate service charging and service performance elements as per SLAs
- Lead the Customer advocacy role of business stakeholders within IT teams.
What We Are Looking For:
- Entrepreneurship: Demonstrate ability of innovative thinking, appreciating and propose new ideas and solutions, while keeping a pragmatic eye
- Master an understanding of the L'Oréal Business: Ability to understand overall business strategy, long term user/ customer needs and translate into IT Strategy
- Decode and influence: Ability to interact effectively, demonstrate influence and conciliation leading others to embrace his/her opinion and reach a positive, accepted closure to a conflict
- Ability to manage complexity/ Acts with transversal management skills
- Enable cooperation and collaboration: Ability develop collaborative/cooperative working, working in a team with members from different expertise, places and cultures to achieve collective goals
- Ability to lead change in business on IT taking into account structural and cultural issues and monitoring the impact, taking any required remedial action and refining approach
- Ability to identify internal and external benchmark to compare the internal performance with industry best practices
- Understand L'Oréal systems and technology: Strong knowledge of key existing IT (apps and Infra) components
- Knowledge of the IT portfolio components and their individual roadmaps
What’s In It For You:
- Salary Range: $145,300-$207,000 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)
- Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- Hybrid Work Policy (3 Days in Office, 2 Days Work from Home)
- Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- Learning & Development Opportunities (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.