"Do you like working in Advanced Research, engaging with global raw material suppliers, and contributing to innovation and new product development?”
Then L'Oréal Research & Innovation might be exactly the place you have always been looking for!
For more than hundred years, L’Oréal believes that beauty needs Science. In a world now transformed by digital technology and the emergence of new scientific Domains, we are confident in our ability to turn these opportunities into major innovations, closely linked to the new consumer expectations all over the world. Science & Technology are allowing us to invent safe, trustable, sustainable & responsible beauty products and experiences that will change people’s lives. L’Oréal R&I has continuously invested upstream in its research with a high level of ambition. Our 3800 L'Oréal R&I people are talented and highly skilled, located in major markets, working in a cooperative way, opened to the world.
DIMP as part of the Advanced research R&I team, work with global team and suppliers to lead matters pertaining to raw materials used in L’Oréal formulations. Support business development and acquisition integration by valuing, and continuously improving the L’Oreal Portfolio of raw materials, and to ensure the sustainability and security of product launches to contribute L’Oreal for the Future objective.
We are looking for an Associate Principal Scientist for our to onboard on this thrilling adventure.
You Will . . .
- Utilize technical knowledge as well as understanding of L’Oreal specific guidelines to ensure that new raw materials comply to L’Oreal standards.
- Be a key contact to the labs for questions on and education of the coding process and requirements. Provide a risk analysis and status to stakeholders throughout the coding process.
- Provide visibility to business impact and key contributions of work completed.
- Work with stakeholders within R&I and Operations(Quality and Sourcing) to ensure raw materials comply with established deadlines.
- Plan key milestones and deadlines to ensure project completion.
- Develop the strategy for alignment of cross-functional teams to prioritize and reduce the risk of raw materials introduced to the L’Oreal portfolio.
- Build relationships internationally and locally for the successful execution of assigned projects.
- Negotiation between teams to ensure the quality of coded raw materials while maintaining business and strategic needs.
- Clearly and concisely communicate on the status of the raw materials in the integration process. Ensure that all key stakeholders are visible during the process and aligned on the message to the labs.
- Partner with key stakeholders to educate Suppliers on L’Oreal requirements for new raw materials.
- Allocate resources and prioritize projects based on team’s workload and launch timings.
- Provide insight into the integration process, and lead a working group to ensure a simplified and focused approach.
- Develop out of the box ideas to address challenges when securing new raw materials. Be flexible and agile to ensure a quality coding dossier while ensuring the deadline for the raw material code is met.
You Have . . .
- Bachelors (10-12), Masters (8-10). or PhD (5-7) in chemistry, chemical engineering, biology, or biochemistry,
- Experience preferably in the personal care/cosmetics or household/home care markets
- Independent project management.
- Good attention to detail and quality of work
- Contributor who must interact frequently with suppliers on an independent basis to obtain documentation.
- Strong interpersonal skills to interact with the labs and various support groups, both domestic and internationally, in coordinating activities linked to supporting raw materials.
- Excellent communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organizational skills and prioritization
- Authorization to work in the United States on a full-time, permanent, ongoing basis, without the need for sponsorship now or in the future.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.