L’Oréal Vietnam is #1 Beauty company in Vietnam, and it holds the leading position in Online Beauty through a diversity of channels across Pure Players (Lazada, Shopee, Tiki), TikTok Shop for shoppertainment, and the e-Boutiques for experience and loyalty.
The role of the CDMO team is to drive long-term strategy, lying down enablers and build Group synergies to enable L’Oréal to be 1st in Digital, famously ahead of all.
The CDMO Ecommerce Head role is to support, consult and collaborate with the Divisions in driving hyper growth and accelerate path to profitability online across all divisions and brands
This role reports directly to the Chief Digital & Marketing Officer (CDMO). It is expected to be hands-on, largely an individual contributor who can take full ownership of the key partnerships management, KPI setting & monitoring and projects advancement under supervision of the CDMO. In addition, collaboration within the CDMO team members and stakeholders outside the team is vital to the success of the role.
A successful applicant would be a leader in the digital & ecommerce space with a track record of data driven growth online, powered by effective e-commerce & media strategies. Ability to strategize long term growth, lead projects with an ecosystem view in mind, identify key growth opportunities as well as senior stakeholder management is essential for success.
- Drives E-Commerce Strategy & key partnerships
- Support, consult, collaborate with the Divisions in driving hyper growth online across all divisions and brands.
- Develop group’s 3y e-com targets and build strategy across channels to ensure the Group captures all opportunities and grow sustainably.
- SHP/LZD/TT: Lead the coordination and governance of our online JBPs with a strategic and integrated approach across the Group (“One Group” approach)
- Primary contact for multi-division platforms (Shopee, Lazada, TikTok Shop) for transversal topics in the JBP & relationship builder: consumer insights, access to data, on-platform media performance, innovation and services roadmap, on-platform consumer experience.
- Consolidates the ambition of 4 divisions.
- Consult L’Oréal business and functions as well as platform leadership to understand each other’s respective goals, strategies, plans and needs, before exchanging proposals on how to proceed. Coordinate the higher-level executives on both sides who can bend rules, unlock resources, and change directions when opportunities arise during JBP discussions.
- Define and lead the JBP Governance including QBR and T2T with our partners.
- Identify and support the scaling of new business opportunities
- Explore new business opportunities
- Coordinate cross-functional teams’ enabler new business opportunity and design pilot-test and key KPI for success
- Support division with business case and monitor successful implementation.
- Orchestrate other enabling functions to support online growth
The Ecommerce Head shall develop deep understanding of business objective and challenges of each division and consolidate/prioritize them to orchestrate the other enabling functions of the Vietnam / Regional IT and CDMO teams to support the business:
Collaborate with Data & Consumer Market insights teams to develop the right performance and insight reporting to management and divisions teams;
Collaborate with Media & Ecommerce teams to ensure media strategies are meeting business objectives and adding incremental value to business at controlled cost;
Leverage the Consumer Data tech ecosystem to align on analysis & investment frameworks for the divisions,
Collaborate with Social team to develop affiliate strategy supporting the growth;
- As a key user of the Global IT Infrastructure (e-Boutique, OMS, CRM), collaborate with Zone and Vietnam IT to ensure business requirements are well taken into account in the IT Roadmap development.
- Spearhead regional & group wide transformative ecommerce projects
- The regional Ecommerce Centre of Excellence is shaping the future of digital beauty for the region and it is often requiring the market to implement new transformative & innovative projects across divisions.
- The Ecommerce Head shall be the SPOC and the market lead from inception to implementation.
- Bachelor’s degree or equivalent practical experience
- At least 8-10 years of experience in e-commerce, media, brand management or sales
- Experience with Ecommerce marketplaces and possibly a good command of retail & performance media
- Strategic thinking and analytical
- Track record of delivering results that is timely, relevant & effective
- Excellent collaborative and cross functional skills, able to take ecosystem view in any new projects
- Excellent communication, influence, and presentation skills
- Growth mindset