Title: Director - Digital Accelerator - Walmart
Team: CPD eCommerce
Brand: L'Oreal Paris, Maybelline-Garnier-essie, Next Big Brands
Reports to: Customer Team Leads, LOP, MGe, NBB
Location: Bentonville, AR
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal Consumers Products, our mission is to democratize the best of beauty, and for us, beauty has to be sustainable. Our division holds the world’s #1 beauty brand with L’Oréal Paris, the #1 makeup brand with Maybelline New York, the #1 natural brand with Garnier, as well as NYX Professional Makeup.
Mission and defining characteristics:
The Digital Accelerator is responsible for owning the CPD strategic Digital Vision at Walmart, developing deep relationships with the customer, identifying key opportunities to accelerate the business and optimizing all digital touchpoints.
(1) Drive Strategic Frame for eCommerce Growth at Walmart
- Serve as Digital Strategy Lead across CPD brands and create one Strategic Digital Vision at Walmart to drive customer, brand and category growth
- In partnership with CTLs, create total channel strategy that is ahead of market changes
- Bring digital thought leadership and expertise to Walmart and commercial organization
- Lead development projects that are customized for Walmart’s needs and opportunities:
- Implement key digital tools & services (i.e VTO)
- Advance Data Partnership
- Develop Paid Search Strategy
- Digital ASP Lead
- 3P Mitigation Strategy
- Influence Retailer Site Roadmap
(2) Identify & Facilitate Digital Acceleration Opportunities
- Build CPD relationship with Walmart teams beyond merchant organization, including Site Merch and in partnership with key stakeholders
- Drive growth with customer and maximize brands’ strategic opportunities through insights and a category view of the customer’s omni-channel strategy
- Partner with Sales Activation lead to:
- leverage the power of the CPD portfolio to create scale events and secure premium site placements
- facilitate Digital Workshops with customer to ideate on ways to grow the business and category
- Drive topline digital sales and share growth
(3) Optimize all digital touchpoints
- As the customer experience specialist to Walmart and commercial team, provide site recommendations for improved guest experience.
- Build site and content proposals in partnership with NAMs, CDMs & ACMs to drive customer, brand and category growth.
- Drive content excellence across all CPD brands:
- Review Content Scorecard
- Manage content updates, audits and maintenance
- Collaborate with brand to ensure content meets customer needs and requirements
- Leverage digital tools to track content performance and customer engagement
- Manage catalog through monthly maintenance
- Responsible for SEO & On-site Search
(4) Lead Digital Upskilling and offer Digital Expertise to Commercial team
- Serve as resident eCommerce expert and aide in OMNI team transformation
- Educate, upskill and provide expertise
- Share best practices and facilitate learning across brands
- Build, maintain and own document with Walmart.com levers
- Provide recommendations on eCommerce business strategies and ways to link online to offline.
- Leveraging eCommerce expertise as well as brand, shopper and competitive insights, provide commercial team with recommendations as they build their OMNI plan:
- eCommerce exclusive product assortment/formats
- Hero SKU strategy
- eCommerce promo offers (if applicable)
- CPD Digital Sales at Walmart
- Digital Acceleration (Sales, Share, Penetration)
- Content Excellence: Aim to achieve 95% on Walmart Content Scorecard
- Digital Upskilling of commercial team & facilitating Omni Org transformation
- Build new/deeper account relationship
- CPG marketing expertise; Beauty experience – a plus
- 6+ years’ experience in leading and developing data strategies, specific to consumer behavior and eCommerce market growth
- BA/BS degree required. MBA a plus.
- Knowledge of most current digital technologies, trends, and tools
- Expertise in the eRetail environment specific to CPG and/or FMCG
- Ability to influence at the most senior levels of leadership both internally within a highly matrixed organization and external organizations in both in-person and remote environments
- Proven track record of converting data-driven analytics to gain consumer insights, drive targeted digital campaigns, optimize user experience, and drive conversion
- Attention to detail, high-performance orientation, and creativity in problem-solving
- Passionate about digital; you are continuously a student of your industry, pursuing knowledge, best practices, competitive landscape and staying on top of trends.
- Highly motivated individual with an entrepreneurial spirit and ability to work independently, while also able to build strong internal relationships and consensus on initiatives
- Strong analytical mind with process orientation
- Strong written and verbal communication and presentation skills
- Highly organized with proven multi-tasking ability
What’s In It For You:
Competitive Benefit Package (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
Flexible Time Off (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
Access to Company Perks (VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
Learning & Development Opportunities for Career Progression (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
Employee Resource Groups (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you require a reasonable accommodation to complete an application for a recognized disability under applicable law, please email [email protected]
. Please note this email will only respond to specific requests for assistance completing the application as a request for accommodation for a disability. All others will not be considered.