Job Title: Director, Global Marketing Store Development
Supervisor Title: VP, Global Omnichannel Activation
Location: 435 Hudson St, New York, NY
The Director, Global Marketing Store Development is responsible for the strategic deployment of the PPD US Brands (Redken, Matrix, Biolage, Pureology, Pulp Riot, Mizani, L’Oreal Technique) in brick and mortar retail globally. This role will be highly collaborative with both internal and external stakeholders. The Director Store Development will be responsible for instilling a ‘store first’ mentality among our teams in order to develop the highly impactful point of sale, animations, and training programs specific to the store channel.
- Provide support to global brand marketing teams on best practices for in-store merchandising and promotional support ensure execution excellence in stores globally.
- Lead the execution of planogram resets, brand renovations, merchandising tests and new store rollouts.
- Collaborate with brands and activation lead to develop retailer specific strategies, including expansion into new retail channels, that take into account brand positioning, global strategy and brand’s DNA.
- Within the frame of DRIVE, serve as the key stakeholder for global store needs, including yearly reset calendars, placement pitches and animation plans that need to be supported at the global level.
- Develop and foster strong relationships with key stakeholders including DMI marketing, creative, digital, education teams; key country marketing, sales, store, education teams; key retail partners in collaboration with key countries.
- In partnership with VP, Creative, conceptualize and execute new and innovative in-store merchandising presentations to drive new shopper experiences and expectations.
- Monitor and identify best retail marketing and merchandising practices across all industries, including staying abreast of new technologies that could be used in retail environments and make recommendations on how these could be applied within the brands’ store context.
- Present project concepts, finished projects, key results to senior leadership teams.
- Plan and execute store visits in partnership with brand and retailer teams.
- Serve as approver for in all in store POS briefs – as aligned within the DRIVE process.
- Actively test visual merchandising and disseminate learnings among team members.
- Actively solicit feedback from stores and shoppers and provide feedback to brands.
- Analyze business across channels to develop further insights and plans across categories and retailers.
- Lead development of annual global store guidelines & best practices.
- Deep knowledge of professional (salon) and consumer retail environment.
- Knowledge of shopper and consumer behavior and insights.
- 8+ years of professional experience with 3 to 5 years of progressive responsibility in visual merchandising and/or retail design with demonstrated success guiding multi-unit retail development; experience from beauty, professional or specialty retail highly desirable.
- Ability to interpret brand needs and priorities and relate to the retail environment.
- Capacity to interpret brand vision to create strong store animation plans to multiple retail outlets.
- Proven project management experience with the ability to lead multiple projects simultaneously.
- Strong knowledge of the competitive beauty industry and retail landscape.
- Strategic leadership ability with proven expertise in influencing and problem solving.
- High sense of urgency, accountability, and organization.
- Demonstrated ability to work in ambiguous environments with a clear ability to make decisions collaboratively but with conviction.
- Must possess excellent verbal/written communication and presentation skills.
- Proficiency in Microsoft Office (Word, Excel & PowerPoint
- Salary Range: $139,700 - $199,100 (The actual compensation will depend on a variety of job-related factors which may include geographic location, work experience, education, and skill level)