Job Title Director, L'Oreal IT Cloud/AWS Solution Architect
Division: L’Oreal IT
Location: Berkeley Heights, NJ
Reports To: AVP, Platform Services
Who We Are:
For more than a century, L’Oréal has devoted its energy, innovation, and scientific excellence solely to one business: Beauty. Our goal is to offer each and every person around the world the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy, safety, sincerity and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs and desires in their infinite diversity.
At L'Oréal, our IT teams design and build solutions to ensure high performance for all our business sectors by imagining new ways of doing things, from designing websites to building algorithms and predicting new trends. They can be found leading teams towards a more connected and digitalized future in IT retail, e-commerce, CRM, data, AI, cybersecurity, Cloud and E-Marketing. You never stop learning at L'Oréal IT because things change at the speed of light! Come join our dynamic team!
What You Will Do:
The AWS Cloud Architect will report into the Assistant Vice President, Platform Services Lead. This role will be an integral part of Americas Infrastructure Group and work closely with Digital & Application IT teams by providing expertise, design, engineering, troubleshooting of the cloud (primarily AWS, additionally Azure or GCP knowledge is a plus) environments, collaborate with project managers and engineers to ensure cloud computing best practices are followed and applied. The ideal candidate will be motivated and a detail-oriented professional who will be part of the core team that is designing, building, and managing services on AWS. Candidate will also be involved in end-to-end delivery of Enterprise Cloud Projects, with primary hands-on contribution in building out Cloud Services as it relates to deployment of IaaS/PaaS applications.
Contribute to the Platform Services team and be a trusted advisor on the Americas Infrastructure group relating to public/private cloud infrastructure:
- Design and implement new capabilities that address any gaps and provide an integrated end-to-end scalable enterprise-class service
- Design, implement, manage and maintain a stable, responsive, highly available public/private cloud infrastructure
- Provide expertise in DevOps architecture, implementation and “run” best practices
- Work in conjunction with Digital, Enterprise Architecture, Applications, Security and Operations teams to drive the strategy for our software deliverables to provide a stable, enterprise-class public/private cloud infrastructure
- Develop architecture documents, reference patterns, artifacts, blueprints for solutions, dataflow diagrams.
- Participate in initiative/project discussions; provide cost estimation for infra, IaaS, PaaS services in AWS.
- Provide overall project communication to stakeholders and meet project requirements and stakeholder expectations.
- Understand challenges of cloud deployments and upgrades as well as resource allocations and how to execute them successfully
- Troubleshoot problems in the operational infrastructure and applications, including follow-up problem resolution, root cause analysis and process improvement
- Update and manage production software for all releases and patches (DevOps)
- Manage implementation of infrastructure updates such as OS, DB, Tools etc.
- Understand and support the backup strategy including creating AMIs and snapshots
- Ensure the service exceeds 99.9% up-time
- Undertake and create Standard Operating Procedures (SOP’s)
- Undertake disaster recovery procedures if required
What We Are Looking For:
Education & Experience Requirements
- BS or equivalent technical degree with 5-7 years of information technology experience
- Experience in data center operations in large enterprises including the implementation and support of private and hybrid public cloud computing environments
- 7+ years of experience in IT industry, with broad understanding of compute, storage, security, and network infrastructure.
- A minimum of 5 years of experience managing infrastructure/applications in AWS
- Deep understanding of various AWS services
- Hands on experience with large AWS deployments
- Cloud design for scalability, elasticity, and high availability
- Understanding of monitoring applications (i.e. ArcSight, SolarWinds, etc.) and logging (i.e. Splunk, DataDog, etc.)
- Experience working with Agile and DevOps organizations that deliver ‘Infrastructure as Code’ in small iterative releases using tool sets such as Docker, Cloud Formation, Elastic Beanstalk
- Proven ability to perform in a collaborative, team-oriented environment with a strong customer orientation (internal and external)
- Familiarity with ITIL methodology
- Excellent interpersonal skills at all levels within the organization
- Worked with the delivery of large, complex digital solutions in hosted, or hybrid environments
- Experience with DevOps tools, for example Jenkins, Chef
- Worked in an environment that has used Continuous Integration and Continuous Deployment (CI/CD)
- Ability to work in an VUCA environment
- Knowledge & experience of Azure and GCP are a plus
- Knowledge of Firewall, networking, forward proxy, reverse proxy, DNS, CDN
- Firm grasp on AWS services security, authentication scenarios
- Outstanding customer service and interaction skills, as well as excellent verbal and written communications skills.
- Ability to work independently under little supervision within a demanding client centric environment.
- Demonstrated ability to be a team player with a high level of initiative.
What’s In It For You:
- (Medical, Dental, Vision, 401K, Pension Plan)
- (Paid Company Holidays, Paid Vacation, Vacation Buy Program, Volunteer Time, Summer Fridays & More!)
- VIP Access to L’Oréal’s Internal Shop for Discounted Products, Monthly Mobile Allowance)
- (Unlimited Access to E-learnings, Lunch & Learn Sessions, Mentorship Programs, & More!)
- (Think Tanks and Innovation Squads)
- Access to Mental Health & Wellness Programs
Don’t meet every single requirement? At L'Oréal, we are dedicated to building a diverse, inclusive, and innovative workplace. If you’re excited about this role but your past experience doesn’t align perfectly with the qualifications listed in the job description, we encourage you to apply anyways! You may just be the right candidate for this or other roles!
We are an Equal Opportunity Employer and take pride in a diverse environment. We would love to find out more about you as a candidate and do not discriminate in recruitment, hiring, training, promotion, or other employment practices for reasons of race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, age, marital or veteran status, medical condition or disability, or any other legally protected status.
If you are a qualified individual with a disability or a disabled veteran, you may request a reasonable accommodation if you are unable or limited in your ability to access job openings or apply for a job on this site as a result of your disability. You can request reasonable accommodations by contacting [email protected]. If you need assistance to accommodate a disability, you may request an accommodation at any time.
Our Safe Together Plan: Your safety is our highest priority. We will proceed with caution and adhere to enhanced protection standards to ensure our sites are safe for all employees. We must all operate with the shared responsibility for each other’s health & safety in mind.