We are seeking an experienced and results-driven Key Account Manager to join our dynamic team at L’Oréal. The Key Account Manager will play a pivotal role in building and maintaining strong relationships with our key clients, ensuring their satisfaction and driving business growth. The successful candidate will possess excellent communication skills, a deep understanding of FMCG market dynamics, the ability to thrive in a fast-paced, complex environment and a proven track record of successful key account management.
- Client Relationship Management: Develop and nurture strong, long-term relationships with key clients, acting as their primary point of contact. Understand their business needs, objectives, and challenges to provide tailored solutions that align with both their goals and our company's offerings.
- Account Strategy: Develop and implement strategic account plans that outline objectives, strategies, and action plans for each key account. Execute with excellence the various product, pricing, promotional and category strategies of both businesses. Lead and manage the NPD process, both internally with L’Oreal stakeholders and externally with key customers
- Sales and Revenue Generation: Meet or exceed sales targets by actively promoting our products and services to key clients. Identify cross-selling and upselling opportunities within the accounts to maximize revenue potential. Identify tactical opportunities to drive incremental growth for the L’Oreal portfolio.
- Collaborate closely with internal teams such as marketing, supply chain, and finance to ensure seamless execution of client projects. Act as a bridge between the client and the organization to ensure all client needs are met effectively.
- Problem Solving: Address client concerns or issues promptly and professionally. Identify potential obstacles and work with relevant teams to find innovative solutions that exceed client expectations.
- Market Insights: Stay up-to-date with industry trends, competitor activities, and market dynamics to provide insights that inform business decisions and strategies.
- Reporting and Forecasting: Provide regular and accurate reports on account performance, sales activities, and progress towards targets to management. Manage the forecast, accruals, Promax and other promotional tools, as appropriate.
- Financial: Understand the true cost of conducting our business. Achieve all financial targets, including volume and margin. Manage expenses within allocated budgets. Optimise trade spend budget to maximize ROI. Oversee and review promotional accruals system, including communication of any anomalies to the business.
- Bachelor’s degree in business, Marketing, or related field (MBA is a plus)
- Proven track record of at least 2 years in key account management within the FMCG industry.
- Strong understanding of FMCG market trends, consumer behavior, and competitive landscape
- Exceptional communication, negotiation, time-management and interpersonal skills.
- Results-oriented mindset with a demonstrated ability to meet or exceed sales targets.
- Analytical thinking, commercial acumen, proficiency with data, attention to detail and problem-solving skills to navigate complex client scenarios.
ABOUT L’ORÉAL AUSTRALIA & NEW ZEALAND
The L'Oréal Groupe in Australia & New Zealand has a portfolio of 31 complementary brands, and a common purpose - to create the beauty that moves the world. Our goal is to offer every person the best of beauty in terms of quality, efficacy and responsibility to satisfy all beauty needs. We understand that everything we do can have a meaningful impact and we strive to remove barriers, support flexibility and championing inclusivity. We acknowledge the Traditional Custodians of the lands where we work.